Carleton University also welcomes applications from continuing employees. If a Continuing employee is the successful candidate, this assignment will be considered a Career Development Assignment, and the successful candidate must obtain a leave of absence from their current and substantive position, where applicable. Permission for such leave must not be unreasonably withheld.
Internal candidates will be given priority consideration at this time. Please note: Carleton University encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Associate Dean (Student Success), and working with the Engineering Recruitment and 1st Year Transition Coordinator, as well as other members of the Dean’s Office, Chairs and Directors of the Faculty of Engineering and Design (FED), the Engineering Recruitment Assistant extends the Faculty’s activities to incoming students. The incumbent responds to telephone, social, online chat, and email inquiries on admissions requirements, and processes information requests. The Recruitment Assistant advises prospective students, counsellors, and parents, and supports the planning and delivery of Faculty recruitment initiatives. This position will liaise with individuals across campus that have a vested interest in undergraduate recruitment and assist with coordinating the Faculty of Engineering and Design student recruiter activities.
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
• Is knowledgeable about the Ontario university educational system, admissions criteria, and university programs.
• Has previous experience interacting with secondary school-aged students, guidance/educational counsellors, and teachers. (preferred)
• Has excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
• Has effective interpersonal and public relations skills, and deals courteously and effectively with people, while exercising tact and diplomacy.
• Is knowledgeable about the Carleton University Faculty of Engineering and Design culture and institutional goals and objectives. (highly desirable)
• Possesses the ability to work simultaneously on numerous and diverse projects.
• Travels in and around Ottawa and the GTA as required. The incumbent regularly has off-campus meetings and events, which include some that are scheduled on evenings and weekends. Occasionally travels outside Ontario.
• Works well under pressure, including prioritizing workload, meeting deadlines, and adapting quickly to changing priorities.
• Possesses a valid G-level driver’s license (or equivalent full license).
• Works well in a team environment.
• Can safely lift and move 30 lbs.
• Has experience with Zoom, MS Teams, Google Meet, and SharePoint.
• Has experience using and posting on social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Discord).
• Is proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Education and Experience:
The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
• The completion of a University Honours Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
• Eighteen months of progressively responsible experience in Recruitment & Outreach at a post-secondary institution.
Carleton University and CUPE 2424 are currently completing a joint job evaluation and pay equity project. The University and the Union are working together to describe the skills, effort, responsibilities and working conditions associated with every CUPE 2424 job, including this one. As a result, the job description that is currently associated with this posting (for recruitment purposes) may be revised to reflect the actual duties captured in the new job descriptions.
By applying for this job you are acknowledging that the actual duties associated with this job may differ somewhat from those identified in the job posting and that you will agree to perform the duties of this job as determined through the joint job evaluation process.
Equivalencies will be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide information which may demonstrate equivalent qualifications. Please note that applicants may be required to complete an employment test as part of the selection process for this position. Those applicants that are selected for an interview will be requested to contact the Human Resource Advisor assigned to this competition as soon as possible to discuss any accommodation requirements. Arrangements will be made to accommodate your request in a timely manner. Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.
View complete position description
*1. Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
*2. Have you completed a University Honours Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology?
*3. Do you have eighteen months of progressively responsible experience in Recruitment & Outreach at a post-secondary institution?
* Question numbers in red and with an asterisk indicate mandatory questions (answer is required).
Please confirm that you have updated your candidate profile, if you are a returning applicant. Please note your profile includes important screening information.
Research Associate In Interdisciplinary Research Project “Ai4 Twinning" , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 6 hours ago
Artificial Intelligence for the automated creation of multi-scale digital twins of the built world” funded by the Georg-Nemetschek-Institute with the option for a Doctoral Degree 28.06.2021, Wisse...
Innovation Fellow (User Experience Psychology) , University of Wales, Trinity Saint David ;, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
Closing date: 2 August 2021, 11:59 pm Salary: £30942 to £34804 per annum Full Time, Fixed Term The Assistive Technologies Innovation Centre (ATIC) is a Research and Innovation Centre based in the ...
Recruitment Assistant, University of Alberta, Canada, about 1 hour ago
This competition is open to all applicants; however, internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority consider...
Post Doc (F/M/D) For Functional Biohybrid Materials , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 7 hours ago
21.07.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal At the Chair of Chemistry of Biogenic Resources at the TUM Campus Straubing for Biotechnology and Sustainability we are looking for a PostDoc (f/m/d) for fu...
Associate Professor (Job Id: 41466), University of Louisville, United States, 19 days ago
Job ID: 41466 Location: Industrial Engineering Position Description The Department of Industrial Engineering in the J. B. Speed School of Engineering at the University of Louisville (UofL) seeks c...
Postdoctoral Position In Data And Platform Economy, Aalto University, Finland, 20 days ago
We are now seeking to hire a Postdoctoral scholar to work on Data and Platform Economy for a two-year term, with the opportunity to apply for other academic positions during or after the two years...