This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA).
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
Location - Work primarily takes place at South Campus Edmonton.
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
Working for the Department/Faculty
Campus & Community Recreation offers programs and facilities aimed to meet the needs and interests of the broad range of communities that we serve. From group exercise to individualized personal training; from healthy living activities to physical assessments preparing for specific work environments; from recreational sports to elite sport training; and a range of ethnic and cultural dance, Campus & Community Recreation has the breadth and depth of activities to enhance the experiences of students, staff and community members alike
Campus & Community Recreation has three facilities on the University of Alberta South Campus – Saville Community Sports Centre (East and West), Foote Field and the Saville Tennis Centre. Foote Field features competition level artificial turf, track, and grass field, as well as a multi-use plaza, conference room, and lounge space. East facilities feature a curling rink (10 sheets) , tennis courts (8 courts), fitness centre, bar and lounge, sport performance centre, and various multi-purpose spaces. West facilities feature nine gymnasiums, a competition gym, gymnastics centre, fitness studio, classrooms and food, and beverage services. The sport and recreation facilities on the south campus experience over 3.4 million visits per year.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Recreation Facility Operations South, the Recreation Facility Operator (RFO) I is an integral member of the Campus & Community Recreation South Campus team. Campus & Community Recreation supports the management of sport and recreation facilities, programs, services and events serving a variety of communities including University of Alberta students, staff, Faculty and general community members. Campus & Community Recreation also supports the facility and service needs of the Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation and the Varsity Athletics programs through provision of dedicated sport and recreation space for teaching, research, training and competition.
The Recreation Facility Operator I is critical to the overall functioning of the South Campus Sport and Recreation facilities including Saville Community Sports Centre and Foote Field. Assisting all operational aspects of Campus & Community Recreation (CCR) Recreation Facility Operations supports both internal and external customers providing day-to-day operational support, technical operations of ice, hardwood floor and field facilities, facility monitoring, equipment maintenance, event set-up and take down, risk management, building access control, key management, casual staff leadership during evening and weekend hours.
This position requires the ability to work a variable work schedule spanning 7 days a week in a rotating capacity working days, evenings and weekends.
- Equipment and event set up at directed by the Recreation Facility Operator II, Bookings and Events Coordinator, Team Lead, Recreation Facility Operations South and/or Manager;
- Performs regular hardwood maintenance
- Dust mopping
- Court washing using ride on floor scrubber;
- Perform opening and closing procedures for the Saville Community Sports Centre (West) as required;
- Repairs, removes and/or moves equipment throughout the facility (sports equipment, audiovisual equipment, and amenity equipment such as bleachers);
- Implements all scheduled daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance requirements;
- Assist with accident/incident reporting including quality assurance of information and data collection and analysis
- Regularly monitors customer usage of south campus sport and recreation facilities, delivering customer service techniques that build positive public relations and customer rapport:
- Assists with onboarding new staff and ongoing training for staff as required;
- Interacts with and supports casual staff members in all areas of South Campus sport and recreation facilities during evenings and weekends;
- Represent CCR values, engage in positive interactions with CCR and University colleagues, providing excellent client-focused service;
- High School diploma required;
- Standard First Aid (within 2 years) and Level C CPR (within 1 year);
- Police Information Check required;
- Class 5 driver’s license required;
- HSE Supervisory Development Program training will be required upon employment;
- University of Alberta Workplace Violence and Harassment Prevention training will be required upon employment;
- Minimum 2 years experience in a multi-purpose recreational facility with a specific emphasis on gymnasium spaces and event set up and take down is an asset
- Excellent communication skills required;
- Forklift operator training is an asset;
- Fall arrest training is an asset;
- Aerial lift training is an asset;
- Undergraduate degree in Kinesiology, Recreation or Business field is an asset;
- Experience related to sport, recreation and/or event-related management is an asset;
- Excellent customer relationship skills; minimum of one year of front-line customer focussed experience is an asset;
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lecturer Health & Pe, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 5 days ago
Lecturer, Sport and Recreation- Health and Physical Education School of Sport and Recreation, AUT University AUT is New Zealand's most contemporary University, with a unique profile reflecting our...
Recreation Assistant , University of Ulster, United Kingdom, about 5 hours ago
Role: Recreation Assistant School: Sports Services Grade: 2 £24,050 (Pro Rata - Shift allowance & weekend enhancements) Responsible to: Sports Services Officer Campus: Jordanstown (Part time - Mi...
Educator, RMIT University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Overview: RMIT Vietnam is the Asian hub of Melbourne-based University RMIT - Australia's largest tertiary institution. RMIT Vietnam is the largest offshore campus in the world with three campuses ...
Accounting Teacher, RMIT University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Overview: RMIT Vietnam is looking for hourly Accounting Teacher to teach courses within Business stream at our Saigon South campus. Please click hyperlinks for full detail on courses: Foundation S...
Fitness & Wellness Coordinator Campus Life, Emory University, United States, 23 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Exercise Consultant, Lincoln University, New Zealand, about 4 hours ago
Sign in Search jobs Search Show all jobs Keyword or Job Code Locations Any Work type Any Expertise Any show advanced Search [email protected] Print Email this job to a friend Apply Exercise Co...