School of Public Health
Competition No. - S109132319
Posting Date - Mar 17, 2017
Closing Date - Mar 29, 2017
Position Type - Full Time - Grant Funded
Salary Range - $54,531 to $74,751 per year
Grade - 09
Hours - 35
This position has an end date of June 30, 2019 and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca .
We are looking for an individual to assist with the coordination and management of the professional development initiatives of the Career Development in Methods and Health Services Research Platform (CD Platform) of the Alberta Strategies for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR) SUPPORT unit. The Alberta SPOR SUPPORT unit is funded by Alberta Innovates Health Solutions (AIHS) and by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), and aims to increase the quantity and quality of patient-oriented research that leads to improved patient health outcomes.
This Program Support Coordinator will support the development and expansion of the CD Platform, with specific responsibility for the planning and implementation of the annual Summer Institute (conference). This position requires an incumbent with an understanding of the management process and an ability to apply that understanding to ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget and to a high standard.
- Responsible for the project management and coordination of the Summer Institute (conference); develops and implements work plans to achieve project goals and deliverables; tracks milestones and timelines
- Works collaboratively with other CD Platform staff to coordinate, help develop and implement training and educational programs that meet priorities and objectives of multiple contributors
- Establishes and maintains good communication and working relationships with multi-sectoral stakeholders, potential partners and all Alberta SPOR stakeholders including other Alberta SPOR SUPPORT unit staff, AIHS, Strategic Clinical Networks, the Universities (Alberta, Calgary, Lethbridge and Athabasca), Alberta Health Services and Alberta Health
- Develops regular mechanisms of communication about CD Platform activities to stakeholders, including newsletters and progress reports
- Assists with evaluation of training activities and programs
- Maintains a database of partners and stakeholders for the CD Platform and keeps track of meetings, actions to be taken, and outcomes of actions
- Prepares/tracks/maintains contracts and Memorandum of Understanding with partners as required
- Prepares expenditure forecasts; conducts analyses to ensure optimal use of resources; identifies variances and recommends appropriate budget adjustments
- Master’s degree in health sciences, social sciences or related area preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered; minimum Bachelor's degree
- 2 to 3 years experience conducting health services research
- Experience in project management preferred; experience with conference/event planning is an asset
- Experience working independently in a complex and diverse research environment
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, organization, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working with provincial/national partners, researchers, universities and key health care organizations is an asset
- Must be open to learning and development, and be willing to accept new challenges and assignments
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of University core business systems is desirable
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Communications Specialist, SAIT Polytechnic, Canada, 20 days ago
Communications Specialist (Information Officer II) Communications and Marketing Department At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, dr...
Director Of Research Informatics, Stanford University, United States, 22 days ago
Director of Research Informatics - 76121 Description Stanford University is seeking a Director of Research Informatics in the School of Medicine who will play a critical leadership role in enablin...
Institute Social Media Manager, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 9 days ago
Institute Social Media Manager( Job Number: 0175584) Description Job Purpose: Assist in leading the development of regular content for Georgia Tech official social media channels, and represent t...
Digital Learning Specialist Sr, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 16 days ago
Digital Learning Specialist Sr( Job Number: 0175510) Description Job Purpose: Provide Tier III technology support and training to faculty, staff, and students for a variety of digital learning ini...
Digital Learning Manager Sr, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 20 days ago
Digital Learning Manager Sr( Job Number: 0175508) Description Job Purpose: Contribute to the strategic management and planning for digital learning technologies in support of Georgia Tech academic...
Digital Learning Architect Principal, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 18 days ago
Digital Learning Architect Principal( Job Number: 0175547) Description Job Purpose: Provide Enterprise architect skills to design and implement innovative pilots and solutions in digital learning ...