This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority consideration before external candidates. Please indicate your internal status using the "Advertisement" drop down menu when applying.
This position is scheduled to end on March 31, 2022. Dependent on funding there may be potential of extension.
We are seeking a Project Coordinator who will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of a newly funded project to provide care aides in long-term care facilities with tools with which they can self-manage their stress. This is a two-pronged virtual intervention consisting of psychoeducation (top-down strategy) and a structured breathing technique (bottom-up approach), intended to decrease the stress and anxiety facing care aides working during COVID-19 pandemic.
The Project Coordinator will be accountable for all aspects of project management including all project budgetary resources, project planning, scheduling, risk management, scope management, internal and external communications, stakeholder engagement, status reporting, and resource management. This project has a tight timeline and the successful individual will need to have experience in long-term care or health care settings.
- Prior to the project launch ensure there are timelines, a workplan, ethical approval, and coordinate and contribute substantively to developing project materials.
- Develops, maintains and updates detailed project timelines, milestones and deliverables, and importantly a strong communication and dissemination plan.
- Proactively anticipates project issues and develops strategies for resolution on an ongoing basis to ensure successful project completion.
- Provides leadership and guidance to research sites to ensure that each project is in compliance with sponsor timelines, study protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), ethics guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Monitors, assesses and manages project status on an ongoing basis to ensure project objectives are met in a timely, cost-efficient manner.
- Develops and monitors project budget; performs variance explanation and regular forecasting; compiles and submits financial reports.
- Completes required project reports to funding agency.
- Assists in the preparation of publications, posters, presentations, technical and dissemination reports and briefings for different stakeholder groups.
- Creates and/or reviews materials and communications prepared by project team members and provides appropriate feedback when necessary.
- Supports team members with their communication and contacts with Sites and receipt and dissemination of study materials.
- Supervises all staff and trainees working as staff including their performance management and appraisal.
- Master’s Degree required, Masters in Nursing, Psychology, or Social Work preferred; consideration will be given to those with other relevant degrees
- 3-5 years of experience in management of complex projects with gradually increasing responsibilities
- Experience in long-term care or health care settings is required
- Experience of mental health or other health care interventions is preferred
- Experience working in research settings, preference given to those with research experience in long-term care or health care, and a clear understanding of the research life cycle is required
- Experience working with sensitive data and information, including a demonstrated understanding of data security and confidentiality best practices
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, project management
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results independently with minimal supervision
- Strong sense of initiative, personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work
- Demonstrated teaching ability, clinical teaching experience would be preferred
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Junior Project Consultant, Maastricht School of Management (MSM), Netherlands, 10 days ago
The position: The Junior Project Consultants supports the Project Consultants in realizing project acquisition targets, turn-over and contribution margin, within the assigned professional area and...
Scientific Project Manager (Rheumatology Research Group), Fundació Hospital Universitari Vall d&#039;Hebron- Institut de recerca, Spain, 29 days ago
VHIR offers a vacant position for a Scientific Project Manager looking for a self-motivated person with a science and data background and experience in research project management The Scientific P...
Assistant/ Project Manager, Campus Planning And Development, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Infrastructure Office Job Description Reporting to the Principal/ Senior Project Manager, the Assistant/ Project Manager (APM/ PM) is part of the Campus Development project team to bring into real...
Project Coordinator Research, Arizona State University, United States, about 2 hours ago
69754BR Campus: Tempe Project Coord Research Job Description This is the lead project coordinator for a multi-university, longitudinal study of working memory in children funded by the National In...
Project Coordinator, Brown University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Description: The Project Coordinator is a member of the Center for Gerontology and Healthcare Research and reports to Jill Harrison. The Project Coordinator is responsible for project coordina...
Principal/ Senior Project Manager, Campus Planning And Development, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Infrastructure Office Job Description Reporting to the Project Director, the Principal/ Senior Project Manager (PPM/SPM) is part of the Campus Development project team to bring into reality the vi...