About Carleton University
Carleton University is one of Canada's most resourceful and productive hubs of learning and research, fuelling a rich talent pipeline that is supporting social and economic renewal. The university's smart, caring and connected community inspires and empowers individuals to become change leaders who drive impact in the world while challenging conventional modes of thinking and doing. Carleton is recognized annually as a top regional employer and is a recipient of the Canada Awards for Excellence, Healthy Workplace Order of Excellence, and Platinum Level Certification for Mental Health at Work. Situated on unceded Algonquin territory and bordered by the Rideau River and historic Rideau Canal in Ottawa, Carleton is just minutes from the heart of our nation's government and G-7 organizations, providing opportunities for staff and faculty to make a positive impact in our community and around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing administrative, logistics and operational service needs support to various research projects within the Accessibility Institute.
Project Coordination and Planning
• In consultation with the Manager, establishes and maintains project support infrastructure including coordinating logistics associated with the project activities such as tracking timelines, organizing committee meetings, and supporting committee activities
• Supports planning and coordination of project activities
• Interacts, coordinates, exchanges, and responds to requests for information from both internal and external stakeholders such as project teams, project participants, vendors and suppliers
• Monitors and screens incoming messages and requests (in-person, telephone, email) to assess urgency, required response, and action including re-direction to appropriate members of project team
• Liaises with Accessibility Institute team members to ensure monthly reconciliation of project budget, to inform ministry financial reports, assisting the project manager with on-going monitoring of project budget
• Forwards all receipts, requests for processing, verification, reconciliation, and completion of payment of invoices, purchasing cards, chargebacks, and expenses to Accessibility Institute Administrator
Creative Design Support
• Attends meetings related to the creation of various newsletters, marketing and promotional materials for projects
• Participates in design discussions related to the promotion of projects and related activities and event
• Facilitates and supports the recruitment and participation of individuals who will provide feedback on accessibility throughout the development of the project information sessions and focus groups
• Directs ongoing inquiries from project stakeholders to the relevant project team members as necessary
Documentation and Communication
• Drafts, edits, proofreads, and formats correspondence, memos, and reports
• Coordinates, collects, assembles, and provides information packages—files, reports, correspondence, research, and background materials
• Attends meetings, take minutes, prepares follow-up correspondence, and tracks progress
• Oversees filing systems in accordance with corporate records management policies and in adherence to research ethics protocol and procedures
• Prepares all internal/external correspondence for project team and stakeholders
• Engages in social media updates, web activities and content creation for public facing awareness campaign
• Advises manager on matters requiring escalation
• Performs other duties as assigned
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
• Knowledge of office administration policies, procedures, and processes
• Knowledge of office productivity software and databases, internet browsers and search engines, discipline-specific and enterprise software, and technology devices
• Knowledge of, and experience working within, a postsecondary institution (college or university) across Ontario preferred
• Knowledge of social media and communications strategies
Education and Experience:
The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
• A Bachelors’ degree
• Minimum of two years previous administrative experience with one-year of project administration experience
Equivalencies will be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide information which may demonstrate equivalent qualifications. Please note that applicants may be required to complete an employment test as part of the selection process for this position. Those applicants that are selected for an interview will be requested to contact the Human Resource Advisor assigned to this competition as soon as possible to discuss any accommodation requirements. Arrangements will be made to accommodate your request in a timely manner. Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.
Important Note Regarding Pandemic Related Operations:
This position is required to work on campus. Exceptionally, since March 2020, many staff and faculty at Carleton University have been working from home in order to comply with public health requirements while continuing to provide services to support the operational functioning of the university. We are currently in the process of identifying positions that need to work on campus as part of our return to campus process. This position may be required to work temporarily remotely due to public health requirements or it may have been identified as one of the roles that are required to work on campus. If this position is required to work on campus, the successful candidate will be informed of the health and safety measures that are in place to ensure their safety on campus. If there is a requirement to work remotely (it is possible that there could be a requirement to work both remotely and on campus), the successful candidate will work with the manager to set up a remote work environment including discussing appropriate technology and requirements. Please note that once public health requirements permit, Carleton University will resume normal on campus operations and at that point there will be a timely notification provided by the manager and the requirement to working full time physically onsite will resume. Therefore, we are looking for candidates currently in or looking to relocate to the Ottawa area.
Additionally, Carleton University is continuing to maintain a safe work environment and requires mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 as per Public Health recommendations under the Reopening Ontario Act. As Carleton University requires that staff be available to attend on-campus meetings and to work, as required, in person, the successful candidate will be required to comply with this policy and be fully vaccinated before commencing employment. Subject to permitted exemptions under the Ontario Human Rights Code, if you are the successful candidate, your offer of employment will be conditional upon you attesting that you are fully vaccinated with a course of vaccines that have been approved by Health Canada and submitting appropriate proof of vaccination.
You must login first before attempting to apply for any postion.
Please confirm that you have updated your candidate profile, if you are a returning applicant. Please note your profile includes important screening information.
Library Service Platform Migration Project Manager, University of Alberta, Canada, 5 days ago
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). In accordance with the Temporary Librarian, Administrative and Professional Officer Agreement...
Project Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, 18 days ago
These positions are a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). If you previously applied to competition S107448962, please do not re-apply. Your previous application will be considered. ...
Ref 285/23 Research Officer, Rural & Indigenous Health, Rural Clinical School Bathurst, School Of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Rural Clinical School Bathurst Location Remuneration Package: $41,552 to $44,537 (pro-rata) p.a. Part-Time at 0.4 FTE, Fixed Term Position until April 2025 About School of Medicine The School of M...
Ref 3089/22 Project Manager, Esm, Office Of Strategic Projects Implementation & Improvement, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 13 days ago
Full -time, Fixed term position until 31 December 2023 Remuneration: $146,398 to $156,342 p.a. Hawkesbury Campus Full -time, Fixed term position until 31 December 2023 Hawkesbury Campus About Us W...
Operations Administrative Assistant, University of Alberta, Canada, 5 days ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position has a term length of one year plus a day and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Fac...
Ref 027/23 Administrative Officer Business Development And Project Support, Institute For Culture And Society, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Support the Institute with administration, assisting in research programs and project-related event tasks and activities Remuneration Package: $91,209 to $103,148 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term positi...