Please note that internal job postings are open only to current permanent OPSEU Local 576 Unit 1 employees and temporary OPSEU Local 576 Unit 1 employees with one year of continuous service.
Reporting to the Manager, Faculty of Design Office & Academic Budget Officer, the Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to Program Chairs and faculty within the Faculty of Design.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the Manager, Faculty of Design Office & Academic Budget Officer and Program Chairs with the administration for all program areas within Faculty of Design
- Answer general inquiries from faculty, alumni and the public and help maintain alumni relations
- Assist Coordinators with the hiring for all permanent and sessional faculty, including archiving candidate CVs, setting up interviews, etc.
- In conjunction with the Coordinator, assist with the assignment of faculty office keys, lockers as well as mailboxes and signage for doors
- Maintain up-to-date records for email groups, mailing lists, faculty contact information and Canvas
- Assist in the review of Canvas pages to ensure compliance of information including course outlines, etc.
- Prepare statistical reports for the Manager, Associate Deans and Chairs to develop and maintain accurate digital filing systems
- Research, prepare documents and input data under the direction of the Manager, Faculty of Design Office for: calendars; course descriptions; syllabi; faculty assignments; committee work; and special events/projects
- Act as secretary in departmental, program and university committee meetings, including Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA), Institutional Quality Assurance Program (IQAP)
- Assist with IQAP processes as directed, including supporting the team leader, following up with IQAP members, processing documents & surveys, archiving information and scheduling meetings
- Support the Coordinator, Academic Planning with communication on the FOD website and emails to the OCAD University community
- Assist the Manager and Associate Dean with Open Studio Space
- Support the Associate Dean, Research, Outreach & Strategic Projects with research and other initiatives
- Assist with FOD’s participation in the Graduate Exhibition under the direction of the Coordinator, Academic Planning
- Assist faculty with the scheduling of content in all display cases
- Perform such clerical duties as: photocopying; booking rooms; scheduling appointments, preparing and following up on work requests, processing incoming and outgoing mail, ordering office supplies, etc.
- Act as back-up to the Program Assistant, as required
- Support the Manager in daily operations, special projects and other duties that contribute to the successful operation of the Faculty of Design
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent, with a minimum of three (3) years of administrative work experience, preferably in a post-secondary educational environment
- Excellent technical computing skills, including ability to create documents, forms and templates using Microsoft Office and appropriate Adobe programs, Google Docs, SharePoint, OneDrive, Dropbox, Canvas
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work well with high volume, pressure and changing priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equity and diversity, and experience promotion a respectful work and learning environment for students, staff and faculty
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, composition, organizational, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated project management skills encompassing attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
Compensation: OPSEU Unit 1, Appendix A, Grade A3; $25.71 to $33.36 per hour
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, for a total of 35 hours per week.This is a temporary contract expected begin immediately and to continue until November 30, 2020.
Interested internal permanent OPSEU Local 576 Unit 1 or temporary OPSEU Local 576 Unit 1 employees with one year of continuous service applicants are invited to submit an updated resume, with cover letter by selecting “Apply Now” below, no later than Friday, September 4, 2020.
As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
We encourage members of designated equity-seeking groups to self-identify within the voluntary Applicant Questionnaire.
OCAD U is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources for more information or refer to OCAD U’s Policy of Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilities .
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Senior Curriculum Designer, University of Maryland University College, United States, about 21 hours ago
Senior Curriculum Designer CBE &Curriculum Design Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.3 Largo, MD or Remote The Senior Curriculum Designer reports directly to the Senior Director of CBE & Curr...
Curriculum Designer Ii, University of Maryland University College, United States, about 21 hours ago
CBE & Curriculum Design Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.2 Largo, MD or Remote The Curriculum Designer II reports directly to the Senior Director of CBE & Curriculum Design. As a member of ...
Assistant Vice President, Design For Alternative Programs, University of Maryland University College, United States, 5 days ago
Assistant Vice President, Design for Alternative Programs Office of the Chief Academic Officer Exempt, Regular, Full-time University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is seeking an Assistant Vice P...
Senior Assistant Manager/Manager, Otolaryngology (2 Year), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 11 hours ago
Senior Assistant Manager/Manager, Otolaryngology (2-year) - 00DPP Description To support and manage administrative functions of the MSc (SLP) Programme for admissions, teaching, clinical training,...
Deputy Dean In The School Of Design , Southern University of Science and Technology of China ;, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Location: Shenzhen - China Salary: Not specified Hours: Full Time Contract Type: Permanent Placed on: 24th September 2020 Closes: 23rd September 2020 The Deputy Dean will assist the Dean of the Sc...
Tenure Track Or Tenured Professor In Visual Communication Design (Information Design), Aalto University, Findland, about 21 hours ago
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovativ...