Postdoctoral Researcher (Research Institute)
Research Institute of the MUHC
HOPITAL GENERAL DE MONTREAL
Research and teaching
Temporary part time
Le Centre universitaire de santé McGill (CUSM) est un centre hospitalier universitaire intégré, reconnu à l’échelle internationale pour l’excellence de ses programmes cliniques, de sa recherche et de son enseignement. Le CUSM a pour objectif d’assurer aux patients des soins fondés sur les connaissances les plus avancées dans le domaine de la santé et de contribuer au progrès des connaissances.
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
The MUHC Centre for Global Surgery (CGS) is an organization dedicated to increasing surgical capacity in low-and-middle income settings through education, training, research, health policy and system improvements. In partnership with local universities and health care leadership, the CGS team has conducted numerous research projects in countries around the world. We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher for a part-time role with the potential for growth.
We are seeking a multi-skilled leader who pays attention to detail and has excellent interpersonal skills in order to drive CGS team initiatives.
• Lead deployment of research and data management initiatives with partner organizations globally,
• Liaise remotely and in-person with partners,
• Create tailored reports for partner organizations,
• Liaise with IT developers for any required updates,
• Conduct research aimed at identifying strategies to improve patient care through clinical, education, program evaluation, prevention or systemic improvement initiatives,
• Collect, clean, code, and analyze data, as well as help write results,
• Lead study development and start-up process including developing study documents, performing literature reviews, organizing presentations and presenting at meetings,
• Proactively identify and apply for funding such as grants,
• Obtain necessary Ethics Committee approvals locally and collaborate with partner organizations to obtain their ethics approval,
• Manuscript preparation and submission,
• Support conference activities including organizing, setup, attending, take-down,
• Mentoring researchers,
• Support CGS initiatives as requested by CGS leadership,
Education / Experience
• PhD in a health-related discipline and previous experience,
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work both independently and within a team,
• Strong organizational skills and efficiency with attention to detail,
• Demonstrate time-management skills,
• Ability to thrive while working autonomously,
• Flexibility to work with partners in different time zones,
• Experience working in international settings,
• Proven experience in seeking and obtaining grants,
• Exceptional writing skills,
• Mastery in English, working knowledge of French are required and additional languages are an asset,
Status: Temporary, full time
Pay Scale: Commensurate with education and experience
Work Shift: To be agreed with the selected candidate
Work Site: Montreal General Hospital
A cover letter is required with your application.
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact, email@example.com
Tsi Research Computer Technology Fellow, McGill University, Canada, about 4 hours ago
We invite applications for a postdoctoral Research Computer Technology Fellowship at the Trottier Space Institute at McGill (TSI). TSI is an interdisciplinary research centre within McGill Univers...