Dr. Qiumin Tan Laboratory
Role of Cajal-Retzius cells in brain development and function
A postdoctoral fellow position is immediately available in the laboratory of Dr. Qiumin Tan, in the Department of Cell Biology at the University of Alberta to study the role of Cajal-Retzius cells in brain development and function. We are especially interested in: (1) the developmental programmed cell death mechanism of Cajal-Retzius cells, (2) the functions of these cells in the adult brain, and (3) the communication of Cajal-Retzius cells with neural and non-neural cell types.
Position is for one year initially with the possibility of extension.
- Candidates must be within two years (24 months) of completing their PhD degree in a discipline related to biology.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity and a minimum of one peer-reviewed publication during PhD.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- The following experience is required: basic molecular and cell biology and biochemistry techniques (e.g., DNA, RNA and protein work, molecular cloning, ChIP/CUT&RUN, immunohistochemistry, FACS, cell culture, etc.), confocal or other advanced microscopy techniques.
- The following experience is preferred: mouse neurobehavioral assays, AAV (or other viruses)-mediated genetic manipulation in the mouse brain, stereotaxic injection, chemogenetics and/or optogenetics.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please email your CV, a cover letter (maximum one page) that outlines your research experience, career goals, why you are a good fit for the project, and contact information for three references to:
Dr. Qiumin Tan
Assistant Professor, Department of Cell Biology
5-14 Medical Sciences Building
University of Alberta
Screening for candidates starts immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Biology Dept. Ta Positions, McGill University, Canada, 14 days ago
*Please note that, depending on current circumstances related to the pandemic, some Teaching Assistant tasks may be performed remotely or in person. Hiring Unit: Biology Department Course Title an...
Postdoc In Single Cell Biology, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 2 hours ago
The “Chromatin Biochemistry” laboratory of Prof. Wolfgang Fischle at KAUST invites applications for a Postdoc position in “Single Cell Analysis of Metabolome-Epigenome Interplay”. Our research tea...
Postdoctoral Position (Biologist) To Study Tumor States During Cancer Progression, Metastasis And..., Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, 6 days ago
Our laboratory is studying the mechanisms regulating stem cells and tumor heterogeneity (See recent publications: Sánchez-Danés Nature 2016, Latil, Cell Stem Cell 2017, Sánchez-Danés Nature 2018, ...
Postdoctoral Position In Cell Biology, Hospital Universitario de La Princesa, Spain, 8 days ago
The Inflammatory Bowel Disease Research Group led by Dr. Javier P. Gisbert and María Chaparro at Hospital Universitario de La Princesa (Madrid) is currently looking for postdoctoral candidates wil...
Postdoc Position In Cell Biology/Physiology (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, 3 days ago
The Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP) belongs to the „Forschungsverbund Berlin e. V. (FVB)“. The FVB is an institution of seven natural sciences research institutes in ...
Research Fellow, Pharmacy, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Job Description The laboratory of A/Prof Victor Yu at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is currently recruiting (Postdoctoral) Research Fellow. We are seeking a highly motivated post-doct...