Postdoctoral fellow (Research Institute)
Research Institute of the MUHC
Research and teaching
Temporary full time
Le Centre universitaire de santé McGill (CUSM) est un centre hospitalier universitaire intégré, reconnu à l’échelle internationale pour l’excellence de ses programmes cliniques, de sa recherche et de son enseignement. Le CUSM a pour objectif d’assurer aux patients des soins fondés sur les connaissances les plus avancées dans le domaine de la santé et de contribuer au progrès des connaissances.
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
The project relates to personalized medicine and precision oncology to rapidly identify appropriate target(s) and drug combination for any given cancer patient, with an emphasis on breast cancer and brain tumors. The project will leverage CRISPR screening and high-throughput bioinformatics analysis of genome-wide and custom-made drug target libraries to pair the patient tumors with best therapeutic option(s).
• Lead and participate in research projects,
• Reviews and evaluates research findings, analyze results, prepares reports and manuscripts,
• Contributes to scientific content of research grant applications related to the project,
• Meet and report regularly to the principal investigator,
• Website of the organization and laboratory https://rimuhc.ca/en https://lebrunlaboratory.com/,
Education / Experience
Education: Doctorate Degree
Ph.D. in the life sciences.
• Knowledge and experience with standard molecular biology and biochemistry techniques including cloning, gene editing, lentivirus-based transfection, PCR, Western blotting, cell culture, etc,
• Knowledge and experience with CRISPR and bioinformatics desired but not required,
At least 2 letters of reference from previous supervisors.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
• Attention to detail and accuracy,
• Good analytical and logic skills,
• Problem assessment and problem solving abilities,
• Ability to work independently or with teams with minimum supervision,
Status: Temporary, full time (35-hour workweek)
Pay Scale: Commensurate with education and experience
Work Shift: Monday to Friday
Work Site: Glen
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact, email@example.com
Postdoctoral Position In Machine Learning, Astrophysics, And Cosmology, Université de Montréal, Canada, 4 days ago
We are excited to announce multiple postdoctoral positions in topics related to astrophysics, cosmology, and machine learning in Ciela Institute (https://ciela.science ), affiliated with the Unive...