The Department of Renewable Resources is looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Petroleum Microbiology - Environmental Microbiology.
The position is a full-time two-year postdoctoral position based on performance and mutual agreement. The salary for this position is $50,000.00 per year plus supplemental health benefits
The successful candidate will work on research projects related to the biodegradation of petroleum hydrocarbons under different redox conditions.
The research will include
- experiments with microbial cultures
- performing chemical and molecular analysis of environmental samples
- applying next-generation sequencing approaches to obtain "omics" data
- deliver bioinformatics analyses to comprehend hydrocarbon biodegradation pathways under different redox conditions
- The successful candidate should have a PhD in petroleum Microbiology or any related discipline
- Experience in environmental microbiology(Main focus on petroleum hydrocarbon biodegradation)
- Knowledge in molecular biology(PCR, qPCRprimer design, functional genes analysis)
- Experience in bioinformatics analyses (data processing, statistical analysis and visualization)
- High level of effective organizational skills
- experience writing project proposals and research papers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Interested Candidates should send a cover letter that includes a brief research statement along with a CV and at least 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract Name: Dr. Tariq Siddique
Address; South Academic Building 3-48
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Computer Science: Semantic Technologies And Data Science With..., University of Oslo, Norway, 18 days ago
SIRIUS is a Centre for Research-based Innovation in Scalable Data Access in the Oil & Gas Domain. It is located at and led by the University of Oslo. The aim of the project is to develop new knowl...
Post Doctoral Researcher In Microbial Oil Processes, Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU), Norway, 19 days ago
About the position The Faculty of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science (KBM) at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) has vacant a 2.5-year position for a post-doctoral researcher ...
Ph D Fellow In Integrated Drift Modelling And Remote Sensing For Coastal Environmental Monitoring, UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Norway, 1 day ago
The position The Department of Physics and Technology at UiT The Arctic University of Norway announces a vacant position of a 3-year PhD fellow in the area of satellite remote sensing and drift mo...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Mineral Processing Of Metallurgically Processed Bauxite Tailings, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
About the position We are seeking a highly motivated postdoc candidate to join the group of Mineral Production and HSE within the Department of Geoscience and Petroleum (IGP). The successful appli...
Ph.D Fellowship In Petroleum Technology, University of Stavanger, Norway, 12 days ago
Job description The University of Stavanger invites applicants for a Ph.D fellowship in Petroleum Technology at the Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Energy and Petroleum Engineerin...
Post Doctoral Fellowship In Artificial Lift / Production Optimization, FAPESP - São Paulo Research Foundation, Brazil, 17 days ago
The Energy Production and Innovation Center (EPIC) has opened a call for applicants for fellowship opportunities funded by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) in the area of Artificial Lift...