Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, administer accounts. Acts as resource person and resolves problems. Processes or monitors the processing of financial, accounting and payroll transactions. Examines, analyses and reconciles accounting and financial records as well as documents such as bank statements, expenditures, budgets, loans and others. Ensures accuracy and compliance with University, government and granting agency guidelines, as well as accounting, reporting and payroll policies and procedures. Performs various administrative tasks according to the needs of the unit.
Major duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers accounts. Acts as resource person and resolves problems. Prepares journal and ledger entries. Processes or monitors the processing of financial and accounting transactions. Examines and analyses accounting and financial records and documents such as bank statements, expenditures, budgets, loans and others.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with University, government and granting agency guidelines, tax laws as well as accounting, reporting and payroll policies and procedures. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of these matters and gives explanations to researchers, staff and agencies.
- Sets up accounts, sub-accounts, and budgets. Approves expenditures, receives funds and processes deposits. Compiles and prepares material to be sent to bank. Reviews, verifies and processes expense reports, requisitions, claims, advances, savings bonds, invoicing and charges.
- Monitors loans. Follows up on missing payments. Advises on and arranges payment schedules
- Monitors and reconciles various accounts, statements, and reports. Identifies and analyses discrepancies and errors. Makes corrections, processes adjustments and follows up on problems. Audits outstanding items.
- Verifies the completeness and accuracy of documentation.
- Prepares schedules, reports and financial statements. Makes recommendations on budget allocations. Supplies information and documentation to auditors.
- Maintains computerized information systems and participates in their implementation and development to improve efficiency within the unit. Liaises with computer resource persons as required. Sets up and maintains databases and spreadsheets. Enters data and updates information.
- Performs various administrative and clerical tasks according to the needs of the unit. Prepares correspondence related to the duties of the position. Liaises with appropriate resource persons.
- Uses a variety of equipment such as a personal computer, printer, calculator, telephone, photocopier, microfiche reader and fax machine.
- The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee who has been matched to this generic job description.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Must be client-focused and service-oriented with a proven ability to deal with people at all levels. Ability to multi-task and great attention to detail. Must have excellent organizational and prioritization skills to meet monthly deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and part of a team. Proven ability to deal effectively and diplomatically in delicate situations. Experience working in a PC environment using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software and ability to use e-mail as well as Minerva, Banner (FIS, SIS and HRIS), Workday, and Crystal Reports. English and French written, read and spoken.
Deadline to Apply:
Minimum Education and Experience:
DEP - Business Administration 3 Years Related Experience /
(MUNACA Level 08A) $22.09 - $30.49
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Assistant Supervisor A/P (ER)
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com or 514-398-3711.
Director Of Human Resources, Ave Maria University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Ave Maria University Position Posting Director of Human Resources Ave Maria University is seeking applications for a full-time Director of Human Resources for the University’s human resources depa...
Senior Administrative Assistant, Residential Life, Office Of Residential Life, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 4 hours ago
Reports to: Director, Residential Life Purpose: Reporting to the director for Residential Life, this position is responsible for a variety of administrative and financial support activities. Th...
Financial Specialist, George Mason University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Information Department Mason Enterprise Center Alternate Department Description Community Business Partnership Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check Motor Vehicle Background...
Accountant, Senior Executive, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Finance, Planning & Logistics Job Description The Institute for Adult Learning (IAL) invites suitably qualified and experienced Accountants to apply for the position of Senior Manager. Working cl...
Business Operations Manager, Arizona State University, United States, 1 day ago
67516BR Campus: Tempe Business Operations Manager Job Description As part of a team of fiscal and HR staff, the Business Operations Manager (BOM) provides fiscal, budget and HR transactional and m...
Finance And Operations Manager, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 10 hours ago
Title: 1143-NN - Finance/Budget Manager Business Title: Finance and Operations Manager Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional Job Family: Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible Positi...