Office of First Nations and Inuit Education
Course Lecturer Summer 2021 3 credits
EDEE 280-731 Geography, History & Citizenship Education
- A Master’s degree (in exceptional circumstances applicants without a Master’s degree but with significant research or professional experience related to the course content may be considered)
- Teaching degree or equivalent and experience teaching in schools
- Knowledge of the Quebec Education program (QEP)
- Familiarity with the 12 professional competencies specified in the Ministère de l’Éducation
- Expert knowledge of course content
- Experience teaching in the Quebec elementary school system;
- Previous successful experience teaching similar course(s) to pre-service teachers;
- Must be available to attend course coordination and planning meeting minimum of 2 weeks in advance of the course start date
- Preferred candidate will have demonstrated cultural awareness of and sensitivity to Indigenous issues in First Nations and Inuit contexts and connection to First Nations and Inuit communities. The candidate will have previous experience teaching similar courses in Indigenous communities.
• The University may, at its discretion, assign a person of its choice to give this Course/Teaching
For courses that will be delivered via remote delivery, but may have some components in-person:
“Please note that given the current circumstances, this course will be taught remotely/online. The course lecturer will be required to prepare and deliver teaching material suited to a remote/online teaching environment using a virtual learning platform [e.g., Zoom, WebEx] and the McGill MyCourses learning management system. Training and assistance on remote teaching is available through Teaching and Learning Services. It may be possible that some aspects of this course will be offered in person.”
Geography, History and Citizenship Education
TWR; Wk 1 TWR all day; Wk 2 TR am; Wk 3 TWR all day
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com or 514-398-3711.
Assistant Teaching Professor: Indigenous Occupational Therapy And Practice, University of Alberta, Canada, about 7 hours ago
This competition is limited to those eligible to work in Canada only. The Department of Occupational Therapy, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Alberta invites applications f...
Instructional Design Support, Indigenous Focus, University of Alberta, Canada, 5 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Critical Skills Tutors, Maynooth University, Ireland, 21 minutes ago
From September 2015, Maynooth University commenced a project to introduce the innovative Critical Skills courses for first-year students. The aims of the Critical Skills courses are to provide the...
Part Time Academic (Econ 1101(04) Distance: Principles Of Microeconomics) (Sept 2021 To Dec 2021), Dalhousie University, Canada, about 6 hours ago
Position Details Position Title Part-Time Academic (Econ 1101(04) Distance: Principles of Microeconomics) (Sept 2021 to Dec 2021) Posting Number PTAP718P Department/Unit Economics Location Other J...
Biology And Conservation Of Crocodiles: Online, Framingham State University, United States, 6 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyFramingham State UniversityLocationOnlineJob CategoryTrainingSalaryN/AStart Date05/24/2021Last Date to Apply...
Director Clinical Training, Junior Doctor Program, FLINDERS UNIVERSITY, Europe, about 10 hours ago
About Flinders Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporar...