Student Wellness Hub – Healthy Living Annex
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, the incumbent may perform some or all of the listed general administration functions. These functions are of moderate complexity and the incumbent performs them using established instructions.
- Promote identified health and wellness activities across campus under the direction of the Peer Support Manager and the Training Developer
- Organize and implement initiatives to support student health & well-being
- Participate in training and in the planning and execution of the Healthy Living Annex calendar of events
- Conduct in-person outreach at various campus events and locations
- Facilitate workshops and presentations on topics related to health and wellness
- Coordinate and collaborate with other on-campus groups (Ex. Peer Support Network, MORSL)
- Work with the communications associate to develop online messaging for social media about health and direct students to resources available to them
- Remain up to date on resources and information relevant to on-campus well-being
- Create and design promotional material to promote health and wellness messaging
- Other duties may include greeting, assisting, and directing students entering the Student Wellness Hub
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
- Eligible for Work Study
- Current McGill student who has completed a minimum of one academic year at McGill
- Current McGill student who will be enrolled in a degree program for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Passion for health and wellness topics and how they relate to student life
- Exceptional leadership, collaboration & communication skills
- Reliable, punctual and professional
- Ability to adapt to diverse situations and environments
- Thrives when working independently and within a team environment
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Available to work 12-14 hours a week (Monday to Friday) for the 2021-2022 Academic year
- Previous experience working as a Peer Health Ambassador
- Knowledge of student health promotion topics: healthy eating, body positivity, active lifestyles, mental health care, sexual health, consent, alcohol and safer partying
- Experience facilitating workshops and running presentations
- Experience with design (graphic design, space design, exhibit design)
- Experience with groups, clubs, and event planning and initiatives at McGill
- Experience in communications and marketing
- Experience in Peer Support
- Spoken and written French
How to apply:
Current McGill employees must apply via internal postings. These are accessed using the ‘Find Jobs’ report in Workday under the “Careers” application. Please refer to the job aid: Applying at McGill Guide for Internal Candidates
Applicants who are not current McGill employees must apply via external postings. The website will direct you to create a Workday account. Please note you must use a personal email address when creating this account. Do not use @mail.mcgill.ca or @mcgill.ca email addresses. Applicants must use their legal name when creating an applicant account on Workday. Please refer to the job aid: Applying at McGill Guide for External Candidates
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Doctoral Candidate In Integrated Circuit Design For Wireless Applications, Aalto University, Finland, 4 days ago
The Department of Electronics and Nanoengineering conducts research and arranges related courses in the field of electromagnetics, micro and nanotechnology, radio engineering, and space technology...
Fachbereich Biologie, Chemie, Pharmazie Fachbereichsbibliothek Biologie, Chemie, Pharmazie Graduiertenkolleg Grk 2662 Research Assistant (Praedoc) (M/F/D) With 65% Part Time Job Limited To 30.09.2024 Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: Grk2662 Scholarship Bewerbungsende: 27.09.2021, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 7 hours ago
Within the framework of the International Graduate School GRK2662 "Charging into the future: understanding the interaction of polyelectrolytes with biosystems", positions for PhD students in the f...
Postdoctoral Scholar, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 11 days ago
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process . Please do not apply h...
Postdoctoral Fellow, Related To The Subject Sustainability Narratives, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
About the position The Department of Design (ID) in Trondheim has a vacancy for a postdoctoral fellow. ID is part of the Faculty of Architecture and Design and consists of two groups, one in Trond...
Phd Research Fellow In Cheminformatics And Molecular Design, University of Bergen, Norway, 12 days ago
There is a vacancy for a PhD position in cheminformatics and molecular design at Department of Chemistry . The position is allocated to an interdisciplinary project within energy transition funded...
Doctoral Or Post Doctoral (F/M/D) Project C4 “Modeling, Design And Optimization Of 3 D Waveguides”, CRC1173 "Wave phenomena: analysis and numerics", Germany, 11 days ago
The Collaborative Research Center “Wave phenomena – analysis and numerics” (CRC 1173), is currently seeking to recruit, as soon as possible, limited up to three years, a Doctoral or Post-Doctoral ...