Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
The McGill Writing Centre is inviting applications for a Course Lecturer to teach this Spring/Summer 2023 Graphos course. Course details and Teaching Qualification Requirements (TQRs) can be found below.
Posting period: February 1-15, 2023
Application deadline: February 15, 2023
ALL applications must be submitted within Workday.
Please also upload (multiple documents can be uploaded to the Workday section where you will upload your CV):
1) Your updated CV [REQUIRED]
2) Brief cover letter (if you are applying to teach a course you have not taught before or for which you have not previously received Teaching Qualification Requirement recognition) [IF APPLICABLE]
3) Copy of your valid work permit (IF APPLICABLE)
WCOM 661-701 (CRN 643 – 1 cr) – Literature Review 1: Summary and Critique
- Salary: $3208.33
- No of lectures: 10
- No of hours: 13
- Classes start: 2023-05-02; classes end: 2023-06-02
- Tuesday and Friday, 13:05 – 14:25
- SH688, 361 – room location may change
TQRs for WCOM 661 – Literature Review I: Summary and Critique :
- Graduate Degree (PhD preferred) in Rhetoric, Composition, or a closely related field.
- Evidence of having received training in the teaching of written communication for academic purposes.
- Experience teaching written communication at the post-secondary level.
- Teaching experience related to course topics, such as how to summarize, critique, and synthesize scholarly literature.
1. demonstrate an ability to design structured course materials, including learning activities, based on the course description and target audience;
2.demonstrate an ability to foster learning by establishing a positive classroom dynamic, involving learners in various activities, and managing student participation and group interactions effectively;
3. demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and effectively in the language of the course, both orally and in writing;
4. provide evidence of an ability to use a variety of technologies to support student learning;
5. provide evidence of how they keep abreast of advances in the field of expertise relevant to the course in question;
6. demonstrate the ability to carry out the duties and obligations of a course lecturer in a respectful and timely manner;
7. demonstrate the ability to work with the Faculty of Arts and University administration to address class management issues in a constructive and timely manner.
McGill Writing Centre
Literature Review 1: Summary and Critique
WCOM 661-701 CRN 643
SH688 361 - room location may change
Tuesday and Friday, 13:05-14:25
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Professor / Associate Professor With A Focus On The English Language, University of Ostrava, Czech, about 1 month ago
3 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Ostrava Department Faculty of Education Research Field Language sciences Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Czech ...
Writing About Research For Impact & Influence Online Course: (Center For Wildlife Studies), Center for Wildlife Studies, United States, 11 days ago
AgencyCenter for Wildlife StudiesLocationonlineJob CategoryTrainingSalarynaStart Date08/07/2023Last Date to Apply08/06/2023Websitehttps://www.centerforwildlifestudies.org/courses-1/writing-researc...
Assistant In The Employee Group: Research And Teaching, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland, 29 days ago
4 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Warsaw University of Technology Research Field Computer science » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Poland Application De...
Associate Professor For Sociology, University of Ostrava, Czech, 22 days ago
12 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Ostrava Department Faculty of Arts Research Field Sociology Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Czech Republic App...
Associate Professor For Romance Linguistics, University of Ostrava, Czech, 22 days ago
12 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Ostrava Department Faculty of Arts Research Field Language sciences Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Czech Repu...
Assistant Professor For Russian Language, University of Ostrava, Czech, 19 days ago
15 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Ostrava Department Faculty of Arts Research Field Language sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Czech Repub...