Professor Jie Chen’s lab in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, at the University of Alberta, is recruiting molecular biologists/biochemists with strong backgrounds in single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-Seq) and excellent communication/collaboration ability to conduct the single-cell microfluidic platform project with engineers and other team members from diverse backgrounds.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Basic theological knowledge on various high-throughput single-cell RNA sequencing methods, especially Drop-Seq, microwell platform, InDrop and 10x chromium. Know the similarities and differences among these methods.
- Hands-on experiences in sequencing library construction workflow (especially 10x or Drop-Seq method), which includes reverse transcription, cDNA tagmentation with Nextera XT, PCR amplification, cDNA purification by AMPure XP and cDNA library quality check with BioAnalyzer.
- Knowledge on genomics/transcriptomics data analysis is an asset, which includes any of the following:
- Sequencing data quality control and mapping of raw sequencing reads using spliced transcripts alignment tool (e.g.STAR aligner).
- Demultiplexing of sequencing data to generate the gene expression (count) matrix.
- Downstream data analysis and interpretation,including clustering (using the Seurat Package), Gene Set Enrichment analysis (GESA) to explore the effect of DEP force manipulation on gene expression and cell cycle analysis based on the expressed gene sequenced by scRNA-Seq, ect.
COVID-19 Vaccination: Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 in compliance with the University’s COVID-19 Vaccination Directive. Fully Vaccinated means a status an individual achieves 14 days after having received the recommended number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, and requires the individual to maintain the recommended number and type of vaccine doses as updated and required by Health Canada thereafter.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
Postdoc (3 Yr): Intracellular Notch Trafficking And Stem Cell Fate At The Grow Institute, Department Radiotherapy, Faculty Of Health, Medicine And Life Sciences, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, 1 day ago
Research topic The group of Marc Vooijs aims to unravel the tissue and context-specific regulation of Notch family proteins during normal tissue homeostasis and in cancer cells. Notch proteins are...
Master Thesis: Single Cell Multi Omics And Crispr Screens To Uncover The Role Of Senescent Cells In Glioblastoma And Alzheimer’s (M/F/D), Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Austria, about 16 hours ago
Master thesis: Single-cell multi-omics and CRISPR screens to uncover the role of senescent cells in glioblastoma and Alzheimer’s (m/f/d) We are recruiting an ambitious master thesis student who w...
Senior ReSearcher, Co Pi In TaipAle Group, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Laboratory of Professor Jussi Taipale at the Medical Systems Biology group (https://www2.helsinki.fi/en/researchgroups/medical-systems-biology ) at the Applied Tumour Genetic Program at Universit...
Senior Researcher (Co Pi), University of Helsinki, Finland, about 6 hours ago
The University of Helsinki (https://www.helsinki.fi/en ) is among the leading multidisciplinary research universities in the world. In addition to its 11 faculties, the University includes several...
Project Leader Qc Cellular Therapies, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Function description The Project Leader QC Cellular Therapies will join the Quality Control (QC) laboratory of the Hospital Pharmacy of the Netherlands Cancer Institute. Our work and research is f...
Research Specialist In Immunology Of Chronic Viral Infections Focused On Hiv Persistence And Its Cure, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 2 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to better health for all? We are looking for an ambitious researcher with solid skills in immunovirology with special reference to HIV persistence to join our highly acco...