This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA).
This position has a term length of 1 year plus a day (Maternity Leave Coverage) and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed on our Benefits Overview page .
Location - North Campus Edmonton. This role is hybrid with a mix of remote and in-person.
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
Working for the Department/Faculty
The Recruitment Marketing portfolio is focused on recruitment and reputational marketing as well as communication with multiple constituent groups that include prospective and current students; prospective and current parents and families; alumni; faculty and staff; benefactors, including individuals and industry partners; diverse community leaders and supporters; local and national media; higher education innovators.
The Alberta School of Business is one of the world’s leading institutions in business education and research. As the first and longest continually accredited business school in Canada, the Alberta School of Business is one of the largest business schools in Canada with 70 faculty members, 2100 undergraduate students, and 950 students in our Masters and PhD programs. Since 1916, the innovative ideas, entrepreneurial spirit and leadership of the School’s more than 31,000 alumni have strengthened businesses and communities worldwide. Our vision is simple, yet powerful: To develop and inspire entrepreneurial leaders from Alberta for the World. Our mission is to excel and lead through research, teaching and external engagement. For more information about the School, please visit our website at: https://www.ualberta.ca/business .
Are you an energetic Marketing & Communications Specialist that has excellent communication and collaboration skills, as well as strong analytical and problem solving capabilities? Interested in being part of a dynamic Marketing Centre of Expertise while supporting a top Business School in Canada?
If that piques your interest, then this might be the right fit for you.
Reporting to the Director of Recruitment Marketing, with a direct link to the Alberta School of Business, this role will be part of a team of marketing and communications professionals supporting the seamless and savvy delivery of business-focuses strategies that move the Faculty and University forward in reaching their goals.
The specialist will be responsible for building, executing and delivering marketing/communication services to the Alberta School of Business, and be accountable for project management, from planning through to execution, including workflow, budget management, and reporting.
Key components of this position include creating consumer insights, monitoring trends, creating work plans, developing integrated campaigns, and monitoring/improving market results. The Marketing & Communications Specialist will manage day-to-day marketing activities and will act as a key client service point of contact.
This person will:
- In collaboration with the Recruitment Marketing Director and the Faculty Marketing & Communications Partner, create integrated marketing plans that meet the university’s marketing strategies and objectives.
- Interface with and contribute to cross-functional marketing teams to deliver all elements of campaigns.
- Have overall accountability for end to end execution of internal partners’ marketing projects ensuring work is completed accurately within the agreed upon timelines and budget.
- Execute online and offline marketing initiatives, integrating online and new media, email, print, direct mail, social media, university websites, focused on alumni and student storytelling aligned with the Alberta School of Business’s priorities of community and alumni engagement and enrollment growth.
- Contribute to a fair, positive and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce.
- Degree in Marketing/Communications or related field.
- 5+ years in professional marketing roles with an understanding of marketing strategy and support and the overall media landscape, including digital and brand advertising.
- Strong digital marketing technical, including web content management, marketing automation, SEO, SEM, social media, and Google Analytics
- Experience working in an internal marketing department and or familiarity with agency-client service delivery models.
- Ability to execute creative development and production processes.
- Superior attention to detail as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A ‘‘hands on’’ creative and dynamic approach for delivering project results with a focus on best practices
- Understanding the principles of agile marketing is an asset.
- Experience in a post-secondary role is an asset.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Instructor Marketing Essentials, SAIT Polytechnic, Canada, 6 days ago
Instructor - Marketing Essentials Calgary, AB Academic – School of Business / SAFA Casual – Approved Program / On-site Apply for this job At SAIT’s School of Business, we deliver cutting-edge prog...
Marketing Campaigns Officer Internal Only, King's College London, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
Job id: 079725. Salary: £37,332 - £42,099 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance. Posted: 30 November 2023. Closing date: 06 December 2023. Business unit: External Relations. Department:...
Marketing Lead, Harvard University, United States, 21 days ago
08-Nov-2023 Harvard Graduate School of Education 64189BR Job Summary The Marketing Lead will serve a critical role in enabling the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE) Professional Educatio...
Communications Officer, McGill University, Canada, 6 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Intern In The Esa Commercialisation Gateway , European Space Agency, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Internship Opportunity in the Directorate of Commercialisation, Industry and Competitiveness. ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creati...
Marketing & Communications Specialist , Columbia University, United States, 2 days ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Regular/Temporary: Regular Hours Per Week: 35 Salary Range: $75,000 to $85,000 The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety ...