Rosalind & Morris Goodman Cancer Research Centre
- Perform experimental procedures as directed by supervisor; assist other members in the lab in experimental design and analysis on any ongoing projects.
- Contribute technically and intellectually to the laboratory goals in understanding mechanisms of breast cancer initiation and progression.
- Analyze data, and prepare figures.
- Provide training for new laboratory members.
- Liaison with McGill technical and administrative staff, and company representatives relating to research and laboratory goals.
- Any other related activities assigned by the supervisor.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
- PhD in biological sciences (Experimental Medicine, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or similar), minimum of 5 years experience in a basic cancer research environment focused on cell biology, cancer biology, and biochemistry. The candidate will have extensive working experience in cell culture, confocal microscopy, and molecular biology/biochemistry techniques.
- Expertise in cell culture, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, cloning, DNA sequence analysis, lentiviral infection, proliferation assays, and immunofluorescence microscopy.
- In depth knowledge of cell biology, cell polarity, cancer biology, and receptor biology.
- Excellent knowledge of software, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Zen, ImageJ/Fiji, Illustrator, and DNA analysis tools, and JMP statistical software.
- Organized, structured and team player, who is able to work independently with limited instructions in a deadline-oriented environment.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High School Diploma
(Amuse B) $20.00
Hours per Week:
34 (Part time)
Position Start Date:
Position End Date:
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com or 514-398-3711.
Research Technician Maternity Cover, EMBL, Worldwide, about 23 hours ago
EMBL is seeking a research technician to join Dr. Jan Korbel's group in the Genome Biology Unit. The post holder will work in a leading laboratory focusing on genomics and single cell technology-d...
Cell Processing Specialist, University of Alberta, Canada, 4 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants, however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considera...
Development Of Fret Nanosensors For The Study Of Molecular Assembly In Artificial Cells, Université Paris Saclay, Suriname, 11 days ago
Artificial cells are biomimetic models used to better understand biophysical and biochemical processes. The bottom-up assembly of a minimal synthetic cell allows to reproduce the functions of a ce...
Single Cell Genomics Lab Technician, Centre For Genomic Regulation, Spain, 20 days ago
The Institute The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiat...
Head Of Flow Cytometry Facility , University of Basel, Switzerland, 3 days ago
The Department of Biomedicine (DBM) of the University of Basel and University Hospital Basel promotes integrated research in biomedical research within the four focal areas immunology, oncology, s...
Resarch Engineer Within Stemcellmetabolism (Pa2021/1451), University of Lund, Sweden, about 2 hours ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Mal...