Junior Assistant (Research Institute)
Research Institute of the MUHC
SITE ADMIN. GUY
Research and teaching
Temporary part time
Le Centre universitaire de santé McGill (CUSM) est un centre hospitalier universitaire intégré, reconnu à l’échelle internationale pour l’excellence de ses programmes cliniques, de sa recherche et de son enseignement. Le CUSM a pour objectif d’assurer aux patients des soins fondés sur les connaissances les plus avancées dans le domaine de la santé et de contribuer au progrès des connaissances.
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
The Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging (CLSA) is a national study of adult development and aging that has recruited 50,000 individuals across Canada. Information is being collected through telephone interviews, in person interviews, as well as physical assessments.
The Montreal CLSA Data Collection Site is located at the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre. We are currently seeking a Junior Assistant who will be under the supervision of the CLSA Data Collection Site Coordinator.
• Welcome and register participants,
• Confirm and schedule appointments,
• Perform tests to assess grip strength, mobility, balance, and cognitive function (training provided),
• Measure weight, height, blood pressure, carotid intima thickness, lung function, and perform ECG (training provided),
• Bone density scanning, DEXA (training provided),
• Vision and hearing assessments (training provided),
• Perform regular calibration and quality control of equipment,
• Comply with quality standards according to standard operating procedures (SOP) and apply practices required by the RI-MUHC for personal safety, safe use of equipment, protection of information, and proper disposal of all waste generated (including biological and reagent waste),
• Reagent and inventory control, data entry and record keeping,
• Perform other related duties as requested by the immediate supervisor,
Education / Experience
• Fluency in spoken French and English,
• Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices,
• Available to work days, evenings and weekends,
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and thoroughness of work,
• Ability to be reliable, autonomous and work within a team,
• Professionalism and respect for confidentiality,
Status: Temporary, part-time
Pay Scale: Commensurate with education and experience
Work Shift: Days and evenings and at least two Saturdays and/or Sundays per month
Work Site: 2155 Guy Street
A cover letter is required with your application.
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
Discovery Systems Librarian, University of Toronto, Canada, 14 days ago
Discovery Systems Librarian Digital Initiatives The McGill Library seeks a technically-minded, collaborative, user-centred and highly motivated individual for the position of Discovery Systems Lib...
Liaison Librarian, University of Toronto, Canada, 7 days ago
POSITION POSTING Liaison Librarian Rare Books & Special Collections Deadline to apply: April 17, 2023, 11:59pm Assistant Librarian or Associate Librarian (tenure track) Duration: three years, with...
Digital Collections & Repository Infrastructure Librarian, University of Toronto, Canada, 14 days ago
Digital Collections & Repository Infrastructure Librarian Digital Initiatives The McGill Library seeks a technically-minded, collaborative, user-centered and highly motivated individual for the po...
Cataloguing Librarian, University of Toronto, Canada, 7 days ago
Cataloguing Librarian Collection Services Deadline to apply: April 15, 2023, 11:59pm Full-time, tenure-track librarian position (three years, with possibility of renewal) Salary minimum: salary co...
Archivist, University of Toronto, Canada, 6 days ago
POSITION POSTING Archivist Rare Books & Special Collections Deadline to apply: April 17, 2023, 11:59pm Assistant Librarian or Associate Librarian (tenure track) Duration: three years, with possibi...