International Enrolment Specialist
Corporate Development, Applied Research & International – International Centre /
AUPE Permanent Salary
Apply for this job
Studying abroad is an incredible — and sometimes daunting — experience. SAIT’s International Centre is focused on attracting international students to study at SAIT, assisting with their transition to the institute and life in Canada and supporting them while they study here. If you have a passion for guiding students to new opportunities, and have experience supporting and mentoring international, we want to meet you.
Reporting to the Team Lead, International Admissions and Enrolment in the International Centre (IC), the incumbent provides support and carries out strategic directions established by the IC Director. The IC International Enrolment Specialist is a hybrid, all-in-one solution to support and enable the IC to administer core Office of the Registrar (OTR) functions within the International Centre in real time.
In conjunction with the Team Lead, International Enrolment and Admissions, and the Associate Registrar, International, the incumbent is responsible for actioning IC enrollment management tasks, such as making offers to waitlisted students, deferring students, issuing deferred students LOAs, supporting the admission team with assessments and offers during peak periods etc. In alignment with IC business priorities and goals, this role has access to required Office of the Registrar (OTR) systems and authority to quickly make admission, cancellation, and deferral decisions.
The International Enrolment Specialist participates in creating goals and objectives for the department and drives, and brings focus to, operational excellence, as it relates to OTR functions within the International Centre, ensuring the IC's enrollment (and, by extension, SAIT's) targets are met or exceeded.
The key indicator of success for this role will be measured by streamlining and improving critical international OTR processing and transaction times and coordinating international admission and enrollment management projects. The incumbent will work closely with IC Leadership, SEM, and OTR leaders to optimize international student enrollments within reasonable industry timeframes.
The individual in this position must work independently and be a self-starter but with a collegial and collaborative attitude.
- International Admissions
- Support the English Language Foundations (ELF) pathway to credit programs initiative.
- Review of application dashboard (daily).
- Support coordination of foreign documents assessment.
- Ensures international admission decisions for concurrent application cycles are handled effectively.
- QC run application Quick Flow process for data checking of Banner fields.
- Assign Decision /or update status.
- Manage tuition deposit by the due date
- Project Coordination of International Admissions and Enrollment Management Initiatives
- Ensure IC competitiveness vis-a-vis competitors by driving IC operational efficiencies (admissions, waitlists etc.) across the institute.
- Indirect-oversight of enrollment management tasks across IC portfolio - Schedule and assign work for the team.
- Provide guidance and assessments of workflow/processes within the department and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies.
- Liaise with external partners to increase business development opportunities (cohort models, faster processing, blended pathways, short-term programs etc.).
- In collaboration with the Team Lead, International Admissions and Enrollment, establish the application, enrollment management and priorities and targets to support departmental and institutional priorities.
- Analyze results of international admissions and enrollment key performance indicators and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Enrollment Management and Reporting
- Support Coordination delivery of international admission applications, including ensuring they are set up and open for applicants to apply – including "application start" information.
- Support SEM and Curriculum team to ensure international enrolment targets are accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensure international enrolment targets are received and updated in Argos/VAS reports.
- Support the smooth delivery of the international application process from the point of application to the completed application submission by Applicants or Agents.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree, preferably in International Relations, International Communications, International Business, etc. Masters in a related field would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of directly related experience in International Education and Admissions, in a post-secondary setting.
- Demonstrated creativity and originality in exploring and implementing process improvements to increase efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Experience with project management would be considered an asset
- Ability to foster successful relationships with leadership, faculty and staff
- Knowledge of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) international student program.
- RISIA certification or RCIC would be considered an asset.
- Able to work hours as dictated by project demands and deadlines
- Effective communication skills, Problem-solving skills, intercultural competence, project and time management, adaptability to change, supervisory, empathy and compassion, relationship building skills, data analysis and process improvement
Job Classification: Information Officer II
Salary Range: $64,646.40 - $84,136.00
# of positions: 2 (1 Temp and 1 Perm)
Hours per week: 40hrs
Posting End Date: Nov 17th, 2023
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers , we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT .
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT - so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by
Ph D Fellow In Geophysical Or Environmental Fluid Dynamics, UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Norway, 13 days ago
20 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UiT The Arctic University of Norway Department Faculty of Science and Technology Research Field Mathematics » Applied mathematics Physics » Metrolo...
Ph D Fellow In Geophysical Or Environmental Fluid Dynamics , UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Norway, about 5 hours ago
Stig Brøndbo 1st April 2024 Languages English English English Faculty of Science and Technology PhD Fellow in Geophysical or Environmental Fluid Dynamics Apply for this job See advertisement Chang...
International Student Advisor Immigration, Arizona State University, United States, about 12 hours ago
99177BR Campus: Tempe International Std Advise - Imm Job Description As a member of the ISSC International Student Advising team, this position is responsible for providing immigration advising an...
Registration Requirements Specialist, Harvard University, United States, 2 days ago
27-Feb-2024 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 65050BR Job Summary Reporting to the Assistant Registrar for Records & Procedures in the Division of Continuing Education’s (DCE) Registrar’s Office, the R...
Feup | Doctorate Initial Level |"Agenda “H2 Driveb Green Agenda” Proposal 1095, FEUP, Portugal, 24 days ago
8 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company FEUP Department Human Resources Division Research Field Engineering » Chemical engineering Engineering » Mechanical engineering Engineering » Other ...
Laboratory Manager Or Laboratory Specialist Position At The Center For Volatile Interactions, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 18 days ago
Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen A new Center of Excellence, Center for Volatile Interactions , is recruiting a laboratory manager or laboratory specialist starting in April 2024 or...