Internal candidates will be given priority consideration at this time. Please note: Carleton University encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, International Admissions and Recruitment, the International Admissions and Recruitment Officer is responsible for assisting in the planning, organization and the implementation of the University’s undergraduate international recruiting and admissions program.
The incumbent works within the Admissions Services team and with the Undergraduate Recruitment Office, the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs, the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies and the International Student Services Office to meet the University’s strategic objectives in the areas of international recruitment, admissions and internationalization.
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
• A demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups in a cross-cultural environment.
• Knowledge of recruitment practices and familiarity with recruitment technologies.
• In-depth knowledge of national and international education systems.
• Broad knowledge of University academic programs, structure, and admissions.
• Ability to work independently exercising sound judgment.
• Resourceful with the ability to take initiative.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication and public relations skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task, coordinate and execute activities efficiently and effectively.
• Highly polished public speaking, oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills as well as strong intercultural communication skills.
• Experience developing presentations and speaking to large groups of people.
• Strong computer skills – specific experience with common software packages/applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and the ability to keep up with and adapt to changing technology.
• High degree of comfort with social media and other emerging platforms for engaging with potential students.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpretive skills. Ability to implement recruitment strategies that are targeted and measurable, evaluate their effectiveness and recommend and implement change.
• Working knowledge of how a university operates – experience with Carleton and a knowledge of programs and facilities offered is an asset.
• A high energy level, patience, flexibility, and a willingness to travel extensively overseas and work unsociable, non-traditional hours.
• Ability to perform as an effective team member.
• Demonstrate familiarity with, and sensitivity to various cultural, religious and local traditions. They must be knowledgeable of the education, history and political background of all international recruitment markets and of the government policies regarding students studying abroad. The incumbent must possess outstanding interpersonal and social skills in dealing with a diversity of people and cultures.
Education and Experience:
The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
• Minimum 4-year Undergraduate degree. Graduate Degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years experience, including 2 years international experience preferably in the marketing sector including travel, and 2-3 years in an academic or professional environment.
If you are an internal applicant, please make sure to update your current union status in your candidate profile each time you apply for a vacancy.
Carleton University and CUPE 2424 are currently completing a joint job evaluation and pay equity project. The University and the Union are working together to describe the skills, effort, responsibilities and working conditions associated with every CUPE 2424 job, including this one. As a result, the job description that is currently associated with this posting (for recruitment purposes) may be revised to reflect the actual duties captured in the new job descriptions.
By applying for this job you are acknowledging that the actual duties associated with this job may differ somewhat from those identified in the job posting and that you will agree to perform the duties of this job as determined through the joint job evaluation process.
Equivalencies will be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide information which may demonstrate equivalent qualifications. Please note that applicants may be required to complete an employment test as part of the selection process for this position. Those applicants that are selected for an interview will be requested to contact the Human Resource Advisor assigned to this competition as soon as possible to discuss any accommodation requirements. Arrangements will be made to accommodate your request in a timely manner. Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.
View complete position description
Please confirm that you have updated your candidate profile, if you are a returning applicant. Please note your profile includes important screening information.
Assistant Director Of Graduate Admissions, Temple University, United States, 24 days ago
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions - (21003156) Description Reporting to the Senior Director of Admissions at the College of Public Health, the Assistant Director of Admissions is responsib...
Senior Recruiting Specialist Scientific Labs, HHMI, United States, about 2 hours ago
Primary Work Address: 4000 Jones Bridge Road, Chevy Chase, MD, 20815 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. HHMI is focused on supporting and moving science forward ...
Health Education Coordinator College Of Medicine, Department Of Family And Community Medicine (Matec) (Job Id #149514), University of Illinois, United States, 11 days ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications Required: Bachelor's Degree (120 hours) in public, mental, and/or medical health education, social work, psychology, student personnel/affairs, nursing, education...
Business Administrative Associate (Project Management Specialist) (Job Id #153417), University of Illinois, United States, 20 days ago
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in business administration, management or a field related to the position Two (2) years of professional business, financial, and/or managerial work experi...
Health Education Coordinator University Health Services (Job Id #152524), University of Illinois, United States, 13 days ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualfications Required: Bachelor's Degree (120 hours) in public, mental, and/or medical health education, social work, psychology, student personnel/affairs, nursing, education ...
Program Coordinator (Job Id: 42217), University of Louisville, United States, about 17 hours ago
Job ID: 42217 Location: School of Law Minimum Qualifications Associate's degree and three or more years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experien...