International Administration Specialist
Corporate Development, Applied Research & International – International Centre /
AUPE Permanent Salary
Apply for this job
Studying abroad is an incredible — and sometimes daunting — experience. SAIT’s International Centre is focused on attracting international students to study at SAIT, assisting with their transition to the institute and life in Canada and supporting them while they study here. If you have a passion for guiding students to new opportunities, and have experience supporting and mentoring international, we want to meet you.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Administrative Operations, the incumbent is primarily responsible for assisting and supporting the International IC team drive and bringing focus to operational excellence, ensuring the IC’s (and by extension SAIT’s) systems, processes, and functions are on par or exceed SAIT’s PSI competitors.
The International Centre (IC) Administrative Specialist is responsible for a range of administrative tasks, such as (but not limited to) greeting (face-to-face and virtually) international learners and visitors to the Centre, managing IC email inboxes (including Fresh Desk) and triaging where appropriate, administering student insurance processes and payments, managing enrolment letter requests, managing and processing requisitions and agent commission payment, pull information/data related to international students to support student recruitment and student success activities, and other IC expenses and coordinate room bookings and catering for visiting delegations. The incumbent also provides general office support with various clerical activities and related tasks, including external partnership assistance.
The incumbent is expected to have excellent organizational skills, outstanding verbal and written abilities and exceptional interpersonal skills and cross-cultural awareness. This position requires the ability to function in a team environment while having a high degree of self-direction.
- First point of contact in the IC – front desk for staff, students, and visitors
- Respond to inquiries from current and potential students in person, by email, phone and Freshdesk and triage responsibility to the appropriate international staff when required.
- In conjunction with the Application Process Specialist team and office assistants, triage deferral requests to IC Admissions portfolio folders
- Prepare meeting agendas and minutes for IC team meetings.
- Provide administrative support for events and projects.
- Coordinate onboarding for new employees
- Support all IC Centre members with various tasks, including printing & photocopying.
- Process invoices, requisitions, agent commission payments, credit card reconciliations
- Manage and reconcile IC invoices and expenses, including yearly memberships and travel-related expenses.
- Add and/or update agent information and commission payments in Maximizer.
- Order supplies and equipment for the IC
- Process FOIP forms into Banner
- Manage and process international student enrolment letter requests.
- Gather and maintain up-to-date student records and provide a list of eligible commissions to ARC for processing.
- Compile up-to-date information/data to update the agent webpage as required.
- Track and update agent student applications in Maximizer to ensure high conversion rates.
- Pull data from tableau and/or Argos regarding seat availability for recruiters to promote programs to meet international targets.
- Coordinate refunds with the IC Admissions team, Office of the Registrar and Finance
- Order catering for all events hosted by the International Centre
- Ensure the kitchen is tidy, stocked with supplies, and water ordered.
- Manage printer maintenance and availability of printing supplies.
- Receive and manage incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries.
- Oversee IC newsletter.
- Assist other IC staff with a variety of tasks.
- Calendar scheduling as assigned by the Team Lead Admin Operations
- Other duties, as assigned by the Team Lead, Administrative Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, International Relations, or similar
- Minimum of 2 years of regular full-time working experience in an administrative role in a Canadian post-secondary institution or similar, preferably engaging with the international learners/clientele
- Intercultural competency
- Proficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email communications (Outlook), web research, student information system (Banner) and Freshdesk
- Knowledge of SAIT programs, services, and resources
- Understanding of Canada’s immigration system, as it relates to international students.
- Knowledge of the international student application and admissions process
- Ability to foster collaboration and trust, and work collegially.
- Experience living, working, or studying abroad and speaking a second language.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills with linguistically and culturally diverse clientele, with the ability to understand their needs and help them navigate and comprehend information pertinent to them.
- Awareness of international education systems and how they differ from the Canadian education system.
- Understanding of the international learner experience in Canada
Job Classification: Administrative Assistant II
Salary Range: $49,158.70 - $60,608.08
# of positions: 2 (1 Temp and 1 Perm)
Hours per week: 40hrs
Posting closing date: Nov 10th, 2023
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers , we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT .
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT - so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by
International Student Advisor Immigration, Arizona State University, United States, about 3 hours ago
99177BR Campus: Tempe International Std Advise - Imm Job Description As a member of the ISSC International Student Advising team, this position is responsible for providing immigration advising an...
Access Coordinator Iii, University of Arkansas, United States, about 2 hours ago
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view ...
Laboratory Manager Or Laboratory Specialist Position At The Center For Volatile Interactions, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 19 days ago
Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen A new Center of Excellence, Center for Volatile Interactions , is recruiting a laboratory manager or laboratory specialist starting in April 2024 or...
Ph D Fellow In Geophysical Or Environmental Fluid Dynamics, UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Norway, 13 days ago
20 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UiT The Arctic University of Norway Department Faculty of Science and Technology Research Field Mathematics » Applied mathematics Physics » Metrolo...
Ici Principal Instrument Engineer , European Space Agency, Netherlands, 7 days ago
Vacancy in the Directorate of Earth Observation Programmes. ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environmen...
Ph D Fellow In Geophysical Or Environmental Fluid Dynamics , UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Norway, about 23 hours ago
Stig Brøndbo 1st April 2024 Languages English English English Faculty of Science and Technology PhD Fellow in Geophysical or Environmental Fluid Dynamics Apply for this job See advertisement Chang...