Instructor, Respiratory Therapy
School of Health and Public Safety
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. With a newly launched brand and ongoing celebrations marking 100 years of educating skilled workers, now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
The School of Health and Public Safety at SAIT prepares students for the work demands of the healthcare sector across Alberta, Canada and abroad. We offer specialized training in diagnostic and therapeutic technologies, professional assistant programs, information management and training for wellness professionals. Our instructors and staff are a dynamic and motivated team of professionals committed to the success of our students and the promise of an industry-ready education.
We are currently looking for an experienced Registered Respiratory Therapist interested in a rewarding career in education as an Instructor. Under the direction of the Academic Chair, you will be responsible for the clinical practicum in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- Provide clinical instruction for first year students
- Develop course outlines, profiles and curriculum
- Set and maintain clear expectations for students, clinical site liaisons, area supervisors and preceptors
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to learners to meet practicum expectations.
- Evaluate student progress and achievement
- Develop and monitor site practicum plan and master schedule
- Facilitate positive relationships with our clinical partners by maintaining regular contact and providing feedback
- Support preceptors through training, feedback and managing concerns
- Prepare the Practicum Report for the Program Advisory Committee and facilitate accreditation requirements.
- Facilitate accreditation requirements
- Participate in curriculum and program reviews
- Perform related duties as assigned to meet the emerging needs of SAIT and its students
- Registered Respiratory Therapist with CARTA. Membership with CSRT is beneficial.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ work experience in a variety of clinical areas.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated Computer skills are essential.
- Previous management and teaching experience an asset.
- Degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle (for travel within the city) is required. Must produce a satisfactory driver’s abstract with less than six demerit points.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and record of immunizations.
Why Work at SAIT:
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Our Training and Support Plan
We have a department devoted to training new instructors and they will help you feel comfortable by offering:
- A two-week intensive training program in your first year
- Opportunities for teaching workshops throughout the year
- In-class evaluators to give you constructive feedback
- Mentorship programs to pair you with an experienced fellow instructor
Vacation for Instructors
Looking for a work-life balance? Instructors at SAIT earn 43 days of paid vacation per year (approximately 8 weeks per year). In addition, employees at SAIT also receive paid time off during the break between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Please continue with the online application process through the SAIT careers website or Workopolis.com . Online applications are strongly preferred.
Closing Date & Time: April 5, 2017 by 11:59 PM MT
If you have any questions about the role please contact email@example.com . Please do not apply to this email address; all applications should be made through our online system .
- SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education
Open Learning Faculty Member (Web) Engl 3991: The Voices Of Protest And Rebellion In Contemporary American Literature , Thompson Rivers University, Canada, about 4 hours ago
Application Restrictions Open to both Internal and external Job Type Open Learning Faculty Member Posting In effect from 20/9/2017 Closing Application Date 26/9/2017 OLFM Type Regular Continuous T...
Senior Open Learning Faculty Member , Thompson Rivers University, Canada, 7 days ago
Application Restrictions For Internal Candidates Only Job Type Open Learning Faculty Member Posting In effect from 25/8/2017 Closing Application Date 12/9/2017 OLFM Type Regular Continuous Teachin...