Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, provide a high level of customer service to employees and process payroll related legislation, University policy, and established processes and procedures to ensure employees are paid in a manner that is compliant, accurate, and timely.
- Perform complex calculations such as voluntary and involuntary deductions.
- Review payroll cycles and ensure employee pay data is accurate through audit reports. Verifies multiple reports during a pay cycle to ensure accuracy and prevent overpayments.
- Verify, process and approve transactions related to all employee groups such as one-time payments.
- Obtain and or correct employee information and data received from the Service Centre and McGill community.
- Follow-up with faculties or units when data is incomplete or non-compliant or when clarification is required.
- Review contestations related to employee seniority. Obtain documents, prepare calculations and summarize the information. Inform Labour and Employee Relations of any discrepancies.
- Calculate severance payments for Academic and Admin staff. Validate eligibility, prepare severance letter and issue instructions to payroll.
- Prepare and process payments for non-residents in foreign currency. Monitor and update the year-to-date adjustment form.
- Prepares seniority and availability lists.
- Verifies and approves T4ANR payments and T4A guest lecturer payments. Prepares T4ANR payments in foreign currency for approval.
- Prepares reports such as overpayments.
- Insures Native Status employee’s documentation and files are up to date.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
Knowledge of human resources policies and procedures as well as knowledge of Workday HCM and payroll are an asset. Strong analytic and attention to detail and high level of accuracy. Familiarity with accounting and banking practices is an asset. Excellent organization and time management practices. Strong problem-solving skills, quick learner and ability to work within a team environment. Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to provide a wide range of information and advice to internal and external clients. Proven professionalism and discretion at all times. Excellent computer skills, including MS office applications. Written and spoken French and English.
Minimum Education and Experience:
(MPEX Grade 02) $47,030.00 - $58,790.00 - $70,550.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Assistant Manager Specialist Services
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Professor In Cardiovascular Pharmacology, Universite de Sherbrooke, Canada, 18 days ago
The Université de Sherbrooke is seeking candidates for a regular, full-time faculty position in the Department Pharmacology-Physiology of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences to consolid...