This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA).
This competition will be used to fill 2 positions and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
Location - Enterprise Square. This role is hybrid with a mix of remote and in person
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just
The vision for Shared Services is to build a close-knit community of smart, approachable people who collaborate, exchange knowledge and identify solutions. As a key member of this team, you can expect to feel empowered in the service you provide, as you grow your career with critical thinking, relationship building and ongoing learning opportunities.
Do you enjoy working in a collaborative environment, believe in service excellence and have a strong background in Human Resource processes? Then this opportunity, as a Workforce Administrator, may be a great fit.
Reporting to the Team Lead Workforce Administration, the HRIS Administrator is a key role for supporting the effective and efficient administration of employee lifecycle updates. Primarily responsible for providing critical administrative support to the Employment Services team through timely data entry, processing validated eforms, Pay action forms, employee lifecycle requests, verifying and maintaining accurate data and documentation related to employee changes within PeopleSoft HCM.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of HR data and protecting the confidentiality of employee data.
- Reviews and processes Pay Action Forms, eForms, Alfresco Process Services (APS) appointment requests.
- Ensures that all transactions are accurate, compliant and complete with all required supporting documentation.
- Performs data audits to ensure the data is complete, consistent, accurate and up to date, and ensuring system integrity across PeopleSoft HCM.
- Corrects any discrepancies/errors identified through data audit, identifying and escalating common issues and suggesting changes to address them
- Creates and maintains position data records.
- Manages the performance increment process and probation notifications process.
- Reviews, monitors and actions the exception report for any Remote process automation (RPA) processes.
- Supports implementation of HCM system updates/enhancements through consultation on business knowledge and participating in UAT testing.
- Collaborates and works closely with other HR Services teams to ensure timely processing of job transactions. Provides guidance and advice to staff in Shared Services (HR) and to HR CoE’s, as well as general administrators and supervisors, on interpreting and applying performance increment processes, recurring terms, POI, excluded staff and students, casual FT students, and summer student programs.
- Document data entry procedures for all employee level HR transactions performed in PeopleSoft. Uses flow charts, screenshots and step-by-step instructions to document procedures.
- Collaborates and works closely with other HR Process teams to ensure timely processing of job transactions.
- College diploma supplemented by coursework in accounting, Human Resource Management and or equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Minimum two years of related experience in a large organization, preferably post-secondary with hands on experience using an enterprise management system
- Comprehensive knowledge of related provincial and Canadian legislation and collective agreements and handbooks
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM (Human Resources, Benefits & Payroll for North America) or a Human Capital Management system is required
- Exemplary client service, focused on demonstrating a genuine concern for understanding client needs and meeting or exceeding client expectations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required to share feedback and address concerns respectfully and constructively
- Experience managing and processing high volume transactions within tight timelines
- Engages and works cooperatively and productively with diverse teams and clients to achieve desired results
- Approaches challenges and opportunities with creative solutions to problems and offers detailed, well-articulated explanations
- Skilled in planning and organizing time and resources to achieve results and identify critical tasks and focus on competing priorities while working with strict deadlines
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Business Intelligence Analyst, Arizona State University, United States, 6 days ago
97089BR Campus: Tempe Business Intelligence Analyst Job Description ASU, a leading innovator in higher education, is committed to maintaining the most dynamic and productive learning experience in...
Business Analyst, Harvard University, United States, 3 days ago
29-Nov-2023 Harvard University Information Technology 64450BR Position Description Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed...
Financial Specialist, University of Colorado, United States, about 10 hours ago
Financial Specialist - 31984 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: School Medicine - Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery and Urolo...
Business Ops Specialist Sr, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
97248BR Campus: Tempe Business Ops Specialist Sr Job Description Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Operations, this position will assist with purchasing, travel, expense pr...
Department Hr Specialist Sr, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
97218BR Campus: Tempe Department HR Specialist Sr Job Description Under general supervision, the Human Resources (HR) Specialist Sr will manage HR functions multiple complex departments within the...
Department Hr Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
97219BR Campus: Tempe Department HR Specialist Job Description Under general supervision the Human Resources (HR) Specialist assists with coordinating the HR functions within the Housing departmen...