This competition is restricted to internal employees of the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using the "Advertisement" drop down menu when applying.
This position is for 12 months plus a day in duration, and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
The Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering's graduate program is looking for an experienced student advisor to join their team.
Reporting to the Academic Department Manager, and working closely with the Associate Chair Graduate Studies, the graduate administrative assistant position provides guidance and liaison administrative support to the Faculty’s Chemical and Materials Engineering Department.
- Provides consultative advice and assistance to prospective students on all aspects of the graduate program.
- Serves as the Departments primary contact and information source for potential students who require personal attention and assistance on admission procedures, program requirements, financial assistance and all matters relating to the graduate program, via phone, e-mail or in person.
- Answers inquiries (by e-mail, telephone, fax, correspondence and in person) from prospective graduate students’ faculty offices, departments, professors and outside agencies.
- Maintains effective communication with prospective applicants, the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research regarding admission procedures and applicant status.
- Serves as a liaison with FGSR, International Centre, and Department personnel to ensure adherence to University policies and procedures.
- Processes all graduate student inquiries, preliminary applications, and full applications.
- Assembles applications for entrance and other scholarships, from the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research, for graduate students.
- Prepare and process readmission applications.
- Manages issues and reacts and/or responds to continually changing priorities and/or follow issues from awareness to resolution.
- Communicates and collaborates with FGSR on many issues including: thesis defenses, students applying for scholarships, NSERC awards (postgraduate), registration, general awards etc.
- Undergraduate degree is preferred, 2-year diploma is the minimum with related experience required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in an office environment, preferably at the University of Alberta.
- Computer proficiency using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, G-mail).
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft (Campus Solutions), Student Production/ Reporting.
- Knowledge of University of Alberta policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Perceptiveness and commitment to privacy, confidentiality and discretion.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume. Also, in your cover letter, please provide a detailed answer to the following question: "How will you contribute to a culture of trust, effectiveness and execution in the Faculty of Engineering?" Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered. Applications received with a cover letter that does not specifically address these important items will also not be considered.
Chemical Engineering is not chemistry – it is the bridge between chemistry and the real world outside the laboratory. Meanwhile Materials Engineering is a scientific approach to improving the performance of materials in real world situations by examining the relationships between their structure, properties, and processing. The Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering attracts some of the best and brightest people to study these disciplines, with 50+ professors and researchers, over 300 graduate students, and more than 500 undergraduate students working in the area.
In this role, you will have the opportunity for professional growth at one of the world’s top universities, the chance to work in a world-renowned innovative and dynamic Faculty, and the ability to build your professional network with meaningful relationships within the U of A community. Additionally, all members of the FOE have the opportunity to participate in the Faculty’s staff learning and development program that includes such offerings as The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People and Inspiring a Culture of Trust.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Research Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
ORGANIZATION NAME College of Engineering ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The ...
Assistant Professor Term Chemical Engineering (Job Id: 41923), University of Louisville, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job ID: 41923 Location: Chemical Engineering Position Description The Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Louisville seeks candidates for an Assistant Professor Term (non-tenur...
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) And Professor Positions In All Areas Of Sciences (# Of Pos: 8), IST Austria, Austria, 28 days ago
Assistant Professor (tenure-track) and Professor positions in all areas of sciences including Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth and Astrosciences, Life Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics The Inst...
Pd Eng Traineeship Chemical Product Design, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
The PDEng traineeship “Chemical Product Design” focuses on the development of structured materials, formulations, and devices for the specialty chemicals, personal care, health care, food, semicon...
Assistant Professor Protein Engineering And Ai, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 7 days ago
Position Associate Professor Department(s) Biomedical Engineering Reference number V50.5199 Job description Are you a scientist whose research is on the frontier of protein engineering by using AI...
Assistant Professor Protein Engineering And Ai, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Are you a scientist whose research is on the frontier of protein engineering by using AI? Protein engineering holds the potential for revolutionary advances in medicine, materials, and environment...