Under the supervision of the Administrative Officer, plans, develop and implement procedures, policies and processes to support the delivery and administration of the University's scholarship and student aid programs including bursaries, scholarships, loans, external awards & contracts. Support activities related to general administration including but not limited to finance, communications, student affairs, donor stewardship, governance and legal affairs. Foster and maintain effective working relationships with campus partners and external organizations. Perform functions related to planning and institutional analysis.
- Perform and organize activities to support the daily operations of the unit
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of operating, grant-based and donor-based budgets, applications for funding and outcome reporting.
- Provide support, guidance and advice to University partners in preparation of establishing new awards at the University according to established restrictions and preferences guidelines.
- Review and approve non-template award terms for submission to approval committee.
- Prepare requests for new fund openings.
- Monitor financial transactions and reconcile accounts from endowments, donor gifts, trust funds, government grants, contracts and student contributions. Identify discrepancies and correct errors.
- First tier in assigning student bursaries by matching student to donor funds respecting award terms and preferences. Select appropriate funding source and coding. Record transactions. Manage resolution of post-processing issues e.g. student eligibility, partial rescindments, substitution of funding sources.
- Assist in the preparation and update of documents and reports. Compile statistics and data for inclusion in reports.
- Support the administration of donor stewardship activities and communications, i.e., recipient reporting, managing invitations for events/receptions, gift/donor acknowledgement, engagement of student recipients (thank you letters and other campaigns).
- Participate in file digitization project with Infrastructure/Systems Team.
- Document processes for unit’s Knowledge Base.
- Assess and resolve administrative problems. When appropriate inform supervisor and formulate recommendations. Implement improvements.
- Attend meetings
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a management team.
- Must be detail-oriented to compile, assemble and document multiple sources of information and data.
- High degree of flexibility in managing multiple files simultaneously, with the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- High level of interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Service oriented, with an ability to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential information with discretion.
- Must have demonstrated experience and ease with new technological applications.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of tools including Advanced Excel (formulas), and Adobe.
- Proficient with Banner/Minerva including Finance and Student Aid functions or equivalent. modules
- Strong Finance background, financial record keeping and accounting services an asset.
- Experience in student aid and scholarships an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- English, written and spoken.
- French, written and spoken.
Minimum Education and Experience:
DEC III 3 Years Related Experience /
(MPEX Grade 02) $46,110.00 - $69,180.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Staff Associate Stewardship And Engagement Coordinator, SUNY, United States, about 19 hours ago
About SUNY Maritime College: SUNY Maritime College located on a 55-acre scenic waterfront property on the outskirts of New York City on the Throggs Neck peninsula where the East River meets Long I...
4 H Development Coordinator, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 9 hours ago
Title: 1181-NN - Development Coordinator Business Title: 4-H Development Coordinator Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional (+) (Fixed Term) Job Family: Administrative Professional - Not OT ...
Financial Aid Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, 2 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants; however, internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority consider...
Program Coordinator, Washington State University, Worldwide, 22 days ago
Title: 107N-YN - Program Coordinator Business Title: Program Coordinator Location: Employee Type: Classified Job Family: Civil Service - OT Eligible Position Details: COVID-19 Vaccine Information:...
New Jersey, NJ Audubon, United States, 18 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyNJ AudubonLocationFranklin Lakes, NJ USAJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryCommensurate with experience. ...
Development Officer, Arizona State University, United States, 10 days ago
73878BR Campus: Tempe Development Officer Job Description The Development Officer will join a team that works collaboratively to advance development initiatives at the ASU Art Museum with the Herb...