This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA).
This position has a term length of 15 months and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
Location - North campus. This role is in person
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
Reporting to the Guest Services Supervisor, the Front Desk Representative is an integral member of the Student and Guest Services team and contributes to an environment focused on meeting the needs of clients in Campus Services. This position is critical in maintaining the customer service culture at Lister Centre Front Desk and in ensuring that service is delivered in a professional manner.
The Front Desk is open 7 days per week from 7:00am to 11:00pm, this position will participate in a shift schedule between these hours of operation. As such, an irregular schedule (including weekends) will be required to ensure adequate staffing is maintained.
- Ensures that professional and quality customer service is provided to all customers of Campus Services
- Assists Housing Operation with student residence move-in and move-out
- Answer telephones, email, direct inquiries, greet guests, clients and students
- Provides general information to customers regarding departmental services; Directs and refers them to the appropriate individual/department for further assistance
- Provides way finding information to customers attending conferences or looking for meeting room information and general information in regard to campus and other community services
- Responds to guest inquiries regarding guest accommodation; Processes reservations and provides reservation confirmations to guests
- Maintains individual guest and group information on a computerized reservation system; Maintains inventory control for Online Travel Agencies (Expedia.ca, Booking.com and University Rooms)
- Provides check-in and check-out services for groups, individuals and students
- Accepts payments made by cash, cheque, debit, or credit card for rent and other services
- Regulates the inventory of the facilities room keys
- Processes incoming mail and parcels as well as issues parcels and letter mail to residents and guests using proper identification procedures
- Issues replacement keys to residents if they have lost or misplaced their keys and ensures that accurate documentation is completed when issuing keys or lending out other desk services
- Issues temporary meal cards to students who have lost or misplaced their meal card
- Attends to meeting room issues (e.g. photocopying, audio/visual equipment, additional setup)
- Works to resolve guest complaints and maintenance issues (e.g. temperature control, pest control, parking charges, lack of hot water)
- Works with the Guest Services Supervisor to assign tasks and shift responsibilities to casual and student staff, provide training and follow-up as required
- Acts as liaison between Front Desk staff and the divisional staff (Conference Services, Residence & Housing Services, Finance, Housekeeping, Maintenance, etc.)
- Maintains statistics on occupancy and customer satisfaction results and generate daily and monthly reports as required
- Maintains accurate post-dated payment information for monthly processing; Ensures proper payment authorization and audit trails are maintained
- Reconciles daily shift deposit and prepares daily bank deposits for all payments
- Prepares final invoicing to clients in a timely and prompt manner
- Troubleshoots POS terminal problems
- Front desk work at other U of A residence offices may be required
- Minimum High School Diploma, supplemented with related training
- Minimum 2 years of customer service or hospitality (hotel front desk) experience preferred
- Computer proficiency using MS Office applications (Word and Excel) and Google Apps (Gmail Drive, etc.)
- Service-oriented, with proven experience in providing exceptional customer service; demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks
- Knowledge of the University community, campus layout and Lister residence; previous leadership experience is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Latino Center Front Desk (Federal Work Study), Bellevue University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Primary Function: The Front Desk Attendant is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all who enter the center needing assistance or visiting, answering in-coming phone calls, and...
Fws Summer 2023, Ece Front Desk Student Worker, University of Kentucky, United States, 18 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Job Title FWS Summer 2023, ECE Front Desk Student Worker Requisition Number DU10768 Department Name 1B531:Federal Work Study Work Location Electrical and Computer E...
Education Programming Assistant (Manitoba), Churchill Northern Studies Centre, United States, 3 days ago
AgencyChurchill Northern Studies CentreLocationChurchill, ManitobaJob CategorySeasonalSalaryTBDStart Date07/01/2023Last Date to Apply06/15/2023Websitehttps://churchillscience.ca/about/careers/ Des...
Student Worker (Human Resources), University of Mississippi, United States, 22 days ago
The department of Human Resources is seeking a student worker to assist in the area of data operations. Examples of Work Performed: - Assists with onboarding new student employees - Gains ex...
Customer Service Representative (Parking Office), University of Pittsburgh, United States, 2 days ago
Customer Service Representative (Parking Office) Parking General Administration - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23004306) Serves as contact for internal and external customers and responds to routine...
Arlington Server, Eastern Kentucky University, United States, 3 days ago
A country club server is responsible for providing excellent customer service to members and guests of the club. This may include taking orders, serving food and drinks, and handling payments. Som...