Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Reporting to the Senior Finance Officer (New Vic and Fiat Lux Projects) in Financial Services, the Finance Officer will provide financial and accounting services to the Project Management Offices - which include McGill staffs and external consultants. The Finance Officer will work in close collaboration with other units of Financial Services and of Facilities Management and Ancillary Services to develop high-quality financial input, financial processes and tools for the financial planning, financial operations and financial reporting of the New Vic Project, the Fiat Lux Project, and related projects.
- Verifying compliance of the activities of the Project Management Offices with University and government financial policies and processes. Developing and enforcing control measures where required.
- Analyzing budgets, expenses, and commitments at a detailed level by compiling data from McGill’s financial system.
- Assessing financial monitoring tools developed by consultants to ensure appropriate tracking of budget, expenses, and commitments. Make recommendations to improve financial monitoring tools to ensure they meet McGill’s needs.
- Developing and communicating proactively to Project Management teams (including staff and consultants) to promote both compliance and efficiency of financial activities, including financial planning, financial operations, and financial reporting. Develop internal procedures and documentation and support communication of requirements to users.
- Validating financial information submitted to McGill’s senior executives, McGill’s governance instances, governments and financial partners.
- Determining, advocating for, and implementing constructive solutions to resolve financial issues between the Project Management Offices and vendors.
- Maintaining positive and constructive relationships with senior leadership of the Project Management Offices, other McGill’s senior executives, administrative units, internal and external auditors, government officials/associations.
- Maintaining accurate financial records of the projects in the Project Management System and McGill’s financial system. Investigate discrepancies or anomalies and collaborate with the systems’ managers to maintain alignment between the systems
- Actively participating in the continuous audit process led by Internal Audit.
- Overseeing the preparation of the financial input to the Dossier d’affaires to be submitted to the Québec government in 2023
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
Highly organized and proven ability to delegate appropriately. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage many projects simultaneously. Excellent knowledge of accounting standards (knowledge of University & nonprofit accounting practices an asset). Good knowledge of computerized financial systems. Strong ability to synthesize accounting standards and functional requirements into workable policies and standards. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal; Full professional proficiency in English and French, written and spoken; and able to work effectively at all levels in an organization. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Assets: Experience in a university/non-profit environment; Related work experience in accounting, audit and financial operations, preferably in large construction projects; Experience in construction progress billings for professionals.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree 3 Years Related Experience with Bachelor’s Degree /
(MPEX Grade 05) $65,500.00 - $81,870.00 - $98,240.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Senior Finance Officer
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com .
Manager, Accounting And Finance, SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Finance, Planning and Governance The Institute for Adult Learning (IAL) invites suitably qualified and experienced Accountants to apply for the position Principal Manager. Reporting and working cl...
Finance Officer At The 4 Eu+ General Secretariat, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 7 hours ago
4EU+ European University Alliance Post:Finance Officer,Full time Start date: Dec 23 Introduction Established in 2018, 4EU+ is a European University Alliance with the objective of developing long-t...
Administrative And Finance Manager, ForestWISE, Portugal, 26 days ago
RECRUITMENT FOR ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCE MANAGER APPLICATION N. 09/2022- TRANSFORM ForestWISE is a Collaborative Laboratory focused on forest and fire issues through the development of (co)resea...
Lead, Finance Operations , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 2 days ago
Title: Lead, Finance Operations Division: Office of Chief Operating Officer Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm Work Location: Hybrid Salary Range: $103,851 - $139,007 FLSA Status: Exempt Requ...
Associate Director For Administration Nyu London, New York University, United States, 18 days ago
NYU is committed to being a welcoming campus community that reflects and enacts the values of inclusion, diversity, belonging, equity and accessibility that inform academic excellence. We seek can...
Project Financial Manager For The Ad4 Gd Project (Ref. 22 063 29790), CENTRO DE INVESTIGACIÓN ECOLÓGICA Y APLICACIONES FORESTALES, Spain, 12 days ago
CREAF is seeking for a technician, specialized in project management (both administrative and financial), to join the HORIZON EUROPE project (All Data 4 Green Deal - An Integrated, FAIR Approach f...