Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
The Morgan Arboretum is looking to hire motivated and passionate individuals who enjoy the outdoors for our Field Maintenance technician position. The Arboretum also offers weekly educational nature tours to local camps and schools during the summer months, which maintenance workers often lead and take part in.
- Maintaining, building and repairing walking trails and building facilities
- Branch and tree cutting
- Landscaping and regular garden maintenance
- Refilling and cleaning bird feeders, benches and tables
- Utilizing heavy equipment (ie. Lawn tractors, chainsaws, weed eaters) *Training will be provided for all tools and machinery*
- Organize and lead nature based activities for kids ages 6-11
- Teach kids about our native fauna and flora
- Provide a hands on learning experience while maintaining a safe learning environment
- Comfortably handle and catch small snakes, insects and amphibians for educational purposes *proper training and instructions will be provided*
Skills and requirements:
- Valid driver’s license is considered an asset
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be capable of communicating in both French and English.
- First aid training or equivalent certifications are considered but not required
- Be comfortable working in a small team and problem solving with likeminded individuals.
- Enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- A passion for nature and the outdoors
Minimum Education and Experience:
High School Diploma
(AMUSE A) $15.75
Estimated Number of Work Hours per Week:
35 (Full time)
Position Start Date:
Position End Date:
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com .
Dean, Schulich School Of Engineering, UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY, Canada, 9 days ago
23 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY Research Field Computer science Engineering Engineering Engineering Engineering Chemistry Engineering Researcher Profile Reco...
Ceo/Scientific Director, Ohri And Evp Research & Innovation, The Ottawa Hospital, Boyden Ontario Inc., Canada, 23 days ago
The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) is one of Canada’s largest and most respected academic health sciences centres, serving a diverse, multicultural, and multilingual population of over one million people ...
Nurse Primary Health & Acute Care, University of British Columbia, Canada, 2 days ago
Staff - Non Union Job Category M&P - AAPS Job Profile AAPS Salaried - Nursing, Level B Job Title Nurse - Primary Health & Acute Care Department UBCO | Program Support | Clinic Services Compensatio...
Metadata And Taxonomy Librarian / Bibliothécaire Aux Métadonnées Et Taxinomie, University of Toronto, Canada, about 4 hours ago
The Library of Parliament is a non-partisan organization providing stimulating and rewarding work in support of Canadian parliamentary democracy. We recognize that our employees are our most impor...
Tier 2 Canada Research Chair In Population Health Data Science, University of Ottawa Research Management Services, Canada, 17 days ago
The Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa invites applications for a Tier 2 Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Population Health Data Science. The selected candidate will be offered a...
Assistant Professor – School Of Mathematics And Statistics, Carleton University, Canada, about 9 hours ago
About the Position Field of Specialization: Data Science and Analytics Academic Unit: School of Mathematics and Statistics Category of Appointment: Preliminary (tenure-track) Rank/Position Title: ...