Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
This faculty lecture position is expected to teach thermal-fluid and engineering design courses, integrating experiential learning techniques and real-world applications into the classroom. The candidate should have demonstrated teaching excellence in thermal-fluid science and engineering, with a solid ability to establish an inclusive classroom environment and effectively manage student participation and group interactions.
The position is a full-time, campus-based Faculty Lecturer position from candidates who have a background in thermal-fluid science and engineering.
Representative responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Teach up to the equivalent of 18 credits per academic year with the highest academic standards. An academic year includes fall, winter and summer semesters. Actual course load will depend on the scope of academic, administrative responsibilities/special projects as determined in consultation with the Department Chair;
- Lead the necessary course content modification and improvement in close collaboration with faculty members and maintain academic rigor of the courses taught;
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance to undergraduate and graduate students in best practices in teaching, course design and assessment for learners that foster equity, diversity and inclusion in and out of the classroom;
- Serve on Departmental, School, Faculty, and University committees and workgroups as needed and available;
- Liaise with appropriate professional associations and business organizations to draw real-world mechanical engineering projects in teaching to ensure that students’ learning outcomes are in alignment with industry and job market needs;
- Contribute to the Faculty’s and University’s strategic goals and values, such as community and international engagement, creating an inclusive and diverse teaching and learning environment;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Candidates may hold a Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering, however, candidates with a research-based Master's degree in mechanical engineering and equivalent professional experience will also be considered;
- Must have an engineering license for practice (full) or teaching (limited) in Canada.
Faculty of Engineering / Department of Mechanical Engineering
Contract Academic Staff
Length of Appointment:
enter length of appointment here
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications received by December 4, 2023, will be given full consideration. However, applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled. Applications should be addressed to Prof. Rosaire Mongrain, Chair of the Department of Mechanical Engineering. We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Engineering will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The complete application package required includes:
- A curriculum vitae;
- A statement of teaching philosophy and interests (2-page maximum);
- A teaching dossier including course syllabi and student evaluations, if available (5-page maximum);
- An equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) statement (1-page maximum)
- The names and contact information of three references. The references should be able to address the candidate's pedagogical strength and subject competency in thermal-fluid science and engineering.
McGill University is committed to equity and diversity within its community and values academic rigour and excellence. We welcome and encourage applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to engage productively with diverse communities.
At McGill, research that reflects diverse intellectual traditions, methodologies, and modes of dissemination and translation is valued and encouraged. Candidates are invited to demonstrate their research impact both within and across academic disciplines and in other sectors, such as government, communities, or industry.
McGill further recognizes and fairly considers the impact of leaves (e.g., family care or health-related) that may contribute to career interruptions or slowdowns. Candidates are encouraged to signal any leave that affected productivity, or that may have had an effect on their career path. This information will be considered to ensure the equitable assessment of the candidate’s record.
McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated equity groups to self-identify. It further seeks to ensure the equitable treatment and full inclusion of persons with disabilities by striving for the implementation of universal design principles transversally, across all facets of the University community, and through accommodation policies and procedures . Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Professor In Machine Design And Advanced Manufacturing Systems – Dtu Construct, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 23 days ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs Professor in Machine Design and Advanced Manufacturing Systems – DTU Construct Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark Be the First to Apply Job Description DTU,...
Lecturer In Fluid Mechanics, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Department of Mechanical Engineering School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences The Department of Mechanical Engineering within the School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical ...
Associate Professor In Materials / Mechanical (Building Services / Built Environment), SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT), Singapore, 8 days ago
23 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT) Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Countr...
Faculty Positions At Xinjiang Technical Institute Of Physics And Chemistry, Nature Careers, Spain, 8 days ago
Description: Faculty positions are available in Professor Peng-Cheng Ma’s group in the . The institute is one of the research units affiliated to the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and it is i...
M.Sc. & Ph.D. Positions At Mc Gill University In Computational Analysis Of Behavior And Brain Dynamics With Computer Vision/Machine Learning, Canadian Association for Neuroscience, Canada, about 23 hours ago
Positions Overview: The Mohajerani lab (https://douglas.research.mcgill.ca/majid-mohajerani/ ) at McGill University is seeking prospective M.Sc. or Ph.D. to join our lab for Winter 2025 semester. ...
Projects Engineer (Fluid Dynamics And Thermodynamics), University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 9 days ago
Te Tari Pūhanga Pūrere | Department of Mechanical Engineering Located in Ōtautahi | Christchurch, Aotearoa | New Zealand Full-time 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE) Continuing (permanent) position Gen...