Competition No. - S103940612
Posting Date - Nov 12, 2019
Closing Date - Dec 06, 2019
Position Type - Full Time - Operating Funded
Salary Range - $53,288 to $71,948 (pro-rated) per year
Grade - 07
Hours - 40.00
Located at Augustana Campus in Camrose, Alberta.
This position has an end date of one year from date of hire, and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at Faculty & Staff Benefits .
The Facility Technician is responsible for making repairs and/or improvements, while maintaining the campus facilities and grounds to ensure the safety and comfort of our constituents and the public. This position will provide after hours facility support by being on-call, on a rotation with other technicians.
- Responds to maintenance/operational concerns and requests received via smart phone, verbally, in writing or through observation
- Prioritizes requests, investigates issues and ensures repairs are performed either by self or by the issuing of appropriate work orders
- Performs a variety of maintenance tasks, such as minor electric and/or plumbing tasks, within a specified area
- Provides information and feedback regarding status of repairs, mechanical equipment shutdowns, service interruptions and other building mechanical and operational concerns to Facility Services Supervisor.
- Troubleshoots issues, assesses level of maintenance required, and performs basic trades-related duties to execute repairs and maintenance on various aspects of the buildings
- Performs inspections of mechanical rooms, fire sprinklers, emergency lights, low pressure hot water boilers, etc
- Acts as a liaison between building services staff, maintenance supervisor and other maintenance staff; resolves issues or refers to appropriate trades personnel as needed
- Maintains work order processing, project listings and daily activity logs, and provides information to supervisor for the area monthly reports
- Assists Facility Services Supervisor and Manager to identify Capital Expenditure requirements for the area
- Facilitates special events through setups and takedowns
- Responsible to ensure assigned roadways and walkways are cleared of snow and or ice
- High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented with a Power Engineering 5th Class Certificate or Building Operator Certificate
- Certificate from a vocational school in a trade related to the building industry
- Knowledge of WHMIS and First Aid
- Valid Class 5 Drivers Licence (GDL not acceptable)
- A working knowledge of computers and smart phones is an asset
- Grounds equipment and skid steer knowledge and certification is an asset
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
General Maintenance Mechanic (Tempe Campus), Arizona State University, United States, 7 days ago
58050BR Campus: Tempe General Maintenance Mechanic Job Description Facilities Management, Tempe campus, seek a General Maintenance Mechanic whose maintenance background is in institutional, commer...
Hard Services Senior Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Location AE Organization Name Research & Development About University Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United...
Executive Director, Facilities Management, Tempe, Arizona State University, United States, about 20 hours ago
58162BR Campus: Tempe Exec Dir Facilities Mgmt Tempe Job Description Facilities Development and Management seeks an Executive Director for the Tempe Campus. Under general direction, the Executive ...
Researcher, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, about 22 hours ago
This temporary researcher position will contribute to addressing knowledge gaps through fine scale observations and modelling of the physical ocean environment that will assist in resolving the fo...
Stationary Engineer (Nights) – Tempe Campus, Arizona State University, United States, about 20 hours ago
58395BR Campus: Tempe Stationary Engineer Job Description Facilities Management, Central Plant, seeks a Stationary Engineer for the Tempe Central Plant. This is an entry-level position to assist ...
Facilities Technician, Usc Housing Maintenance, University of Southern California, United States, about 10 hours ago
Please review the Important information for all USC job applicants page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate. USC Housing, a division of USC Auxiliary Service...