While this position welcomes applications from the public, please note that preference will be given to current employees at the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using the "Advertisement" drop down menu when applying.
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA).
In accordance with the Administrative and Professional Officer Agreement , this full time continuing position offers a comprehensive benefits package found at Faculty & Staff Benefits and annual salary range of $66,167 to $110,279.
Location - Work primarily takes place at North Campus, Edmonton.
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
Under the leadership of and reporting to the Director of Facility Services, the Facilities Services Partners work with assigned area leadership (e.g. Academic Deans, General managers and Department Managers) and within the context of one F&O team to implement and/or facilitate effective processes that will avoid, and if necessary, resolve any maintenance and operations (O&M) facilities-related issues. The incumbent ensures that the delivery of these services is in alignment with the plans set by the VP Facilities and Operations (F&O), and the portfolio AVPs.
Implements and maintains operations in consultation with the Director, Facility Services and in collaboration with other F&O service providers (common practice/campus wide vs. Department/Faculty specific). Where other units of the F&O team are clearly articulated or existing service providers or subject matter experts (SMEs) such as assigned Space Planners or Project Managers, the FSPs will direct the Faculty/Department to those SMEs in an effort to create synergies. In order to be effective in their roles, close coordination and timely communication is essential between the FSPs and other F&O service providers, ensuring alignment and understanding of appropriate details (ie: space planning efforts and renewal projects).
This position represents F&O as the primary point of contact on all operations and maintenance related matters for assigned area of leadership, and requires an excellent working knowledge of all aspects of F&O services in order to effectively and efficiently relay information between departmental and internal stakeholders.
Clear, concise, and ongoing verbal and written communications with assigned area leadership is critical to the success of the incumbent in this position.
The Facilities Services Partner serves as an ambassador, advisor, and issue resolver solely for O&M matters, and will focus on building positive and productive working relationships with all contacts within the assigned area and with internal and external stakeholders across campus. The FSP will be required to utilize data analytics, network contacts, and overall knowledge of F&O policies, procedures, and services to ensure the appropriate level of custodial, operations and maintenance responses for day to day operations as well as issue resolution of O&M matters.
- Provides a knowledgeable sounding board for O&M facility-related issues to Faculty General Managers and Department General Managers, Directors, Managers and Supervisors (hereafter referred to as “departmental contacts” or “departmental representatives”)
- Provides professional level advice to departmental contacts regarding O&M facility-related matters including the interpretation and implementation of University policies and procedures.
- Provides clarity regarding O&M F&O procedures and processes to departmental contacts within the assigned campus area, via clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Researches, investigates and provides area-specific background information, best practices, and recommendations, as requested by departmental representatives in order to provide clear and concise information to the assigned department and F&O leadership.
- Consistently monitors key facilities data and analytics (ie: work orders, project proposals) for assigned areas to ensure adherence to set priorities and completion within designated timeframes. Investigates and resolves any noted anomalies, and alerts Director, Facility Services of potential issues.
- Identifies and resolves issues which may span multiple departments or facilities. Provides requested Facilities data and analytics used for key decision making by Director,Facility Services and assigned area leadership.
- Takes the lead on the resolution of O&M issues and concerns in assigned areas. Solves O&M facilities-related issues by searching within available University policy, procedure, process and past practice.
- Seeks out assistance from relevant/applicable F&O centres of expertise and peers when necessary. Maintains and develops excellent stakeholder/occupant/client relationships within the assigned area(s), building relationships at all levels.
- Minimum of 10 years varied, progressively responsible experience in stakeholder relations and facility management.
- Bachelor’s Degree / undergraduate degree in Business, Operations / Facility Management, Communications, or a combination of related post-secondary education and directly related experience will be considered.
- Facilities Designation (IFMA, APPA, BOMA), or eligibility to obtain designation
- Education and experience related to Building Maintenance, Real Estate Management, Property Management, and Operational Management as it relates to large institutions.
- An in-depth understanding of the workings of the University and the University Sector.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships with varied stakeholders and staff.
- Incumbent must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. This role requires building relationships with internal and external contacts, understanding and working in an academic environment, strong influential, interpersonal, and negotiation skills, as well as a collaborative, supportive, customer- oriented focus.
- Business acumen, economics, analytical skills.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
Research Associate (Fulltime) In The Field Of Digitalization And Data Connectivity Of Production Systems , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 7 days ago
14.11.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are currently looking for a full-time research associate (m/f/d) in the field of digitalization and data connectivity to join our team immediately. About...
1. Scientific Position Research Associate , INSTITUT ZA OCEANOGRAFIJU I RIBARSTVO, Croatia, 23 days ago
15 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company INSTITUT ZA OCEANOGRAFIJU I RIBARSTVO Research Field Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Croatia Application Deadline 15 D...
3. Scientific Position – Research Associate , INSTITUT ZA OCEANOGRAFIJU I RIBARSTVO, Croatia, 23 days ago
15 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company INSTITUT ZA OCEANOGRAFIJU I RIBARSTVO Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Croatia Application De...
2. Scientific Position Research Associate , INSTITUT ZA OCEANOGRAFIJU I RIBARSTVO, Croatia, 23 days ago
15 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company INSTITUT ZA OCEANOGRAFIJU I RIBARSTVO Research Field Agricultural sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Croatia Applicati...
Research Associate (Department Of O&G), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 24 days ago
14 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Biological sciences Medical sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Rese...
The Senior Research Associate In The Scientific Field Of Humanities, Area Of Ethnology And Anthropology, Institute of Ethnology and Folklore Research, Croatia, 4 days ago
1 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Institute of Ethnology and Folklore Research Research Field Anthropology » Ethnology Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Croatia ...