Internal candidates will be given priority consideration at this time. Please note: Carleton University encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Faculty Advancement, Engineering and Design with direct supervision by the Events Administrator, Faculty of Engineering and Design, the Events Assistant is responsible for assisting with the marketing and communications, coordination and delivery of events in the Faculty of Engineering and Design.
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
• General knowledge of industry standards and best practices in event planning
• General knowledge and practical experience about event development, coordination and delivery
• General knowledge of the local event planning industry
• Excellent organizational, time management and superior attention to detail
• The ability to work well under pressure including prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work successfully within a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
• Proven ability to exercise judgment, tact, diplomacy and discretion
• Must be familiar with third party cloud services for e-publishing and web registration
• Must have expertise in the use of MS Excel, MS Word
• Experience in the use of software database systems, e-procurement systems and expense and travel management software is highly desirable
• Proficiency in English spelling and grammar required
• Knowledge of the university’s culture and institutional goals and objectives is highly desirable;
• A valid driver’s license is required
• Certification in CPR and Smart Service is highly desirable
• Must be able to lift and move objects as heavy as 35lbs
• Overtime work required on weekends and weeknights (2-4 times/month). Light travel in and around Ottawa and the Greater Toronto Area is required. This fluctuates throughout the year
Education and Experience:
The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
• Completion of a one-year college program in Events or Project Management, or a two-year college program in Hospitality
• A university degree is considered an asset
• Three to five years of related work experience in event support or management, hospitality, public relations or marketing and communications preferably in an academic setting
Carleton University and CUPE 2424 are currently completing a joint job evaluation and pay equity project. The University and the Union are working together to describe the skills, effort, responsibilities and working conditions associated with every CUPE 2424 job, including this one. As a result, the job description that is currently associated with this posting (for recruitment purposes) may be revised to reflect the actual duties captured in the new job descriptions.
By applying for this job you are acknowledging that the actual duties associated with this job may differ somewhat from those identified in the job posting and that you will agree to perform the duties of this job as determined through the joint job evaluation process.
Equivalencies will be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide information which may demonstrate equivalent qualifications. Please note that applicants may be required to complete an employment test as part of the selection process for this position. Those applicants that are selected for an interview will be requested to contact the Human Resource Advisor assigned to this competition as soon as possible to discuss any accommodation requirements. Arrangements will be made to accommodate your request in a timely manner. Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.
View complete position description
*1. Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
*2. Have you completed a one-year college program in Events or Project Management, or a two-year college program in Hospitality?
*3. Have you completed a university degree?
*4. How many years of related work experience in event support or management, hospitality, public relations or marketing and communications preferably in an academic setting do you have?
* Question numbers in red and with an asterisk indicate mandatory questions (answer is required).
Please confirm that you have updated your candidate profile, if you are a returning applicant. Please note your profile includes important screening information.
Marketing Associate Sustainability (Job Id #150267), University of Illinois, United States, about 21 hours ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications Required: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, communications, public relations, or a closely related field. (Transcripts are required.) One (...
Research Technologist Ii (Job Id: 41893), University of Louisville, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job ID: 41893 Location: Microbiology Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in a related field and one or more years of research experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training a...
Post Doctoral Researcher Airborne Wind Energy (20052) Department Of Electrical Energy, Metals,..., Ghent University, Belgium, 16 days ago
→ Apply before 31/12/2021 23:59 (Brussels Time) → Department: EA08 - Elektromechanica, Systeem- en Metaalengineering → Occupancy rate: 100% → Number of positions: 1.00 → Type of employment: C...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Texas A&M University, United States, 11 days ago
Job Title Research Assistant-Sami El Borgi Agency Texas A&M University Department Qatar Campus Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Doha, Ad Dawhah Job Type Staff Job Description Our ...
Ph.D Fellowship In Language Modeling For Explainable Ai, University of Stavanger, Norway, 4 days ago
Job description The University of Stavanger invites applicants for a PhD Fellowship in Language Modeling for Explainable AI at the Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Electrical Engin...
Research Assistant, Global Health, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Europe, 5 days ago
Job Description Applications are invited for the following full-time position in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health: Research Assistant (Global Health) The Saw Swee Hock School of Public He...