This competition is an internal expression of interest opportunity as part of the Service Excellence Transformation initiative and is restricted to NASA salaried university employees (Regular and Auxiliary Salary) currently employed with the university or within a current notice period. Applicants must demonstrate that they have recent and relevant experience performing some or all of the duties sought through the advertisement they are expressing interest in. Please indicate your internal status using the "Advertisement" drop down menu when applying.
This competition will be used to hire up to 2 positions.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca .
Reporting to the Team Lead, Edge Networking Services, the Edge Network Analyst works with the team to ensure the availability and reliability of University network infrastructure. This position carries out network maintenance tasks following UofA standards and operational procedures.
- Follows predefined procedures on the installation, testing and troubleshooting of the network infrastructure.
- Installs, tests, implements, removes, and troubleshoots network cabling, hardware and other equipment (including network switches, wireless access points, uninterruptible power supplies, racking, etc.)
- Splices, terminates, and tests fibre optic cable, determines pass/fail and corrects issues
- Performs routine configuration changes for network switch ports, including physical cabling as required
- Performs switch software upgrades, replaces defective equipment, and maintains wiring closets to a high standard for maintainability and sustainability.
- Contributes to the planning for installations.
- Serves as a project team member for projects.
- Patches and performs routine maintenance of network hardware.
- Monitors the daily operation of networked systems and applications (including network switches, wireless access points, uninterruptible power supplies, racking, etc.) for stability, proper configuration and usage.
- Troubleshoots and resolves edge network infrastructure malfunctions.
- Troubleshoots and resolves reported edge network issues.
- Troubleshoots and resolves edge network technical issues and if required, provides on-call support for network, hardware, software and/or computer configuration. (including network switches, wireless access points, uninterruptible power supplies, racking, etc.)
- Responds to trouble calls; diagnose and develop solutions/repair.
- Maintains network cabling tools
- Creates labels and documents cabling infrastructure including patch panels in TRs
- Maintains accurate records of the University's campus network.
- Provides accurate records of installation and repair work for reporting
- Contributes to the development of installation procedures and standards. and submits recommendations for Improvements.
- Researches and stays up to date on network cabling analytical tools
- Assists in evaluating new technology.
- Assists in the design, documentation, and implementation of new and/or improved edge network connections.
- A Bachelor of Science in computing science, engineering or equivalent experience in operation of large scale networks
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is an asset
- Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT) is an asset
- CompTIA Network+ Certification (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Demonstrated experience with network administration: setting up, configuring and diagnosing network switches and client connectivity issues - asset
- Extensive experience with complex customer interactions, high volumes, and firm deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical skills and judgment to identify issues, develop options, and propose appropriate solutions.
- Strong customer service, problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
- Collaborative team player with a positive and responsible attitude.
- Physical ability to lift and move heavy objects (up to 50 pounds).
- Comfortable working at ceiling heights
- Comfortable operating full sized 1/2 ton truck
COVID-19 Vaccination: Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 in compliance with the University’s COVID-19 Vaccination Directive. Fully Vaccinated means a status an individual achieves 14 days after having received the recommended number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, and requires the individual to maintain the recommended number and type of vaccine doses as updated and required by Health Canada thereafter.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Updated* Network Engineer, Office Of Information Technology [R0124530], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, about 13 hours ago
*Updated* The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Network Engineer, Office of Information Technology [R0124530] PROFILE of the UNIVERSITY Founded in 1957, UNLV is a doctoral-d...
Net/Tele Comms Analyst, University of Oklahoma, United States, about 7 hours ago
Net/TeleComms Analyst - Job Number: 220095 Organization : Information Technology Job Location : Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-Health Sciences Center Schedule : Full-time Work Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm S...
Software Defined Network Engineer, Arizona State University, United States, 2 days ago
75030BR Campus: Tempe Network Architect Job Description ASU, a leading innovator in higher education, recognized by US News and World Report for the last 6 years in a row as the most innovative un...
(Inpatient) Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist, University of Virginia, United States, 18 days ago
An Intermediate Network Engineer that will help manage a large Cisco SD enabled wired and Aruba wireless architecture. The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic team that shares info...
Fg Iv Project Officer Scientific Research Network Cybersecurity Researcher, Joint Research Centre (JRC), Italy, 9 days ago
A Contractual Agent position FG IV. The successful candidate will contribute to the research activities of the Digital Citizen Security Unit in the field of network cybersecurity and Next Generati...
Cyber Range Engineer, Champlain College, United States, about 23 hours ago
About Champlain College: Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a small, private, not-for-profit college in Burlington, Vermont overlooking Lake Champlain and the Adirondack mountains, with additio...