This posting is for one unionized contractual course-by-course appointment to teach one course as a Course Lecturer. Course lecturer positions are governed by the Collective Agreement between McGill University and McGill Course Lecturers and Instructors Union (MCLIU)-CSN .
Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology
Course Number-Section and Title (CRN):
EDPC 608 Group Counselling: Theory (CRNs: 549)
Examines the theory and process of group counselling with an emphasis on skills and techniques. Particular attention will be given to the procedural aspects of organizing a group, the theory underlying certain approaches, the process, and evaluation of outcomes.
Posting Dates: February 1 - February 15, 2021
Application Deadline: February 22, 2021 (15 days of posting + 5 working days of application)
CL Credits: 3 (This course is not team-taught)
Number of Positions Available: 1
Term / Schedule:
Spring/Summer 2021 / Tues./Thurs 8:35a.m.-11:25 a.m.; 04-MAY-2021 to 17-JUNE-2021
Location / Endroit: Education, Room TBD (subject to change)
Exigences de Qualification Pour L'Enseignement/Teaching Qualification Requirements (TQRs):
- PhD in Counselling Psychology, Applied Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Social Work or Counselling, or equivalent
Expérience / Experience
- Graduate level training in theories of group intervention – or graduate level teaching of theories of group intervention.
- Clinical experience in application of group theory (2 years post PhD)
Autre / Other
- If the applicant has taught this course exactly once previously, she/he must have had satisfactory teaching evaluations in this course that meet the Department’s expectations. This requirement does not apply to applicants who have taught the course at least twice
- If the applicant has not taught this course previously, but has taught in the hiring unit previously, she/he must have had satisfactory teaching evaluations that meet the Department’s expectations
- Adherence to evolving program requirements concerning course content and program-developed competencies; course content and references must reflect the most current advances in the field
- If 3 years or more post-degree, evidence of continuing education (minimum 15 CE hours per year)
Information supplémentaires/Additional Information:
Please note that given the current circumstances and the lack of certainty with regards to the resumption of in-person teaching activities, this course may be required to be taught in part or entirely remotely or in part or entirely in person. The course lecturer may be required to prepare and deliver teaching material suited to a remote/online teaching environment using a virtual learning platform [e.g., Zoom, WebEx] and the McGill myCourses learning management system. Training and assistance on remote teaching is available through Teaching and Learning Services (TLS) and the School’s Instructor Services and Educational Technologies (ISET) unit. Course lecturers are encouraged to record their lectures.
Educational & Counselling Psychology
Group Counselling: Theory
EDPC 608 -001
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com or 514-398-3711.
University Teacher For The Field Biostatistics And Biometrics, University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Slovenia, 24 days ago
- designing and updating curricula and adapting university and higher education study programmes to specific requirements, - organising or co-organising all course-related activities in accordance...
University Teacher For The Field Ecology, University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Slovenia, 25 days ago
OB DESCRIPTION: - designing and updating curricula and adapting university and higher education study programmes to specific requirements; - organising or co-organising all course-related activiti...
Lecturers In English Language At Maastricht University (4 × 0.8 Fte), Maastricht University, Netherlands, about 3 hours ago
Lecturers in English Language at Maastricht University (4 × 0.8 FTE) Lecturers in English Language at Maastricht University (4 × 0.8 FTE) Published Deadline Location 7 Apr 5 May Maastricht We are ...
Assistant Professor At The Department Of Psychology, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
DepartmentDepartment of Psychology – Faculty of Social Studies Deadline 25 Apr 2021 Start date 1 June 2021 or by agreement E-APPLICATION MASARYK UNIVERSITY THE DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF SOCIAL STUDI...
Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/ Lecturer/ Assistant Lecturer Of Law , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 5 hours ago
Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/ Lecturer/ Assistant Lecturer of Law, Jindal Global Law School (JGLS) O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an Indian University providing world class educ...
Advances In Behavioral Strategy , Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
1146755 Course Advances in Behavioral Strategy Faculty Nicolai J Foss, Copenhagen Business School Thomas Keil, University of Zurich Henrich Greve, Insead Vibha Gaba, Insead Flore Bridoux, Rotterda...