The University of Alberta is seeking a service-oriented and collaborative leader to join our finance team in the role of Director, Partnerships (Finance). Reporting to the Associate Vice-President (Finance, Procurement & Planning), the Director leads and engages a client-focused, strategic finance partnership team charged with building and maintaining effective and productive working relationships at all levels of the organization. In collaboration with the Finance Centres of Expertise along with Shared Services, the Director is accountable for fostering collaborative relationships, leading and delivering on strategic initiatives, managing a large breadth of client services, and driving forward-thinking change by modeling the Finance service culture.
As a Director, you will build and exemplify collaborative relationships, unite and integrate your unit with other service areas and deliver value-added services to the university’s leaders, faculty and staff. To be successful in this role, you will share our core Finance values, be a collaborative team player, demonstrate your commitment to service excellence, be an engaging leader and hold yourself and others accountable. You will identify solutions for systemic and recurring issues by actively listening, gathering, interpreting, synthesizing and evaluating information from the partnership team, the team’s clients and the University community.
In exchange, you will have the opportunity to join a team of caring and supportive colleagues, grow at one of the world’s top universities, work in a diverse and dynamic environment, and build your professional network with meaningful relationships within the post-secondary community and beyond.
To excel as a highly effective leader, the Director, Finance Partnerships will:
- Develop, lead, guide, coach and mentor a team of professionals responsible for providing university-focused, proactive and effective finance programs, services and solutions to assigned client groups
- Create an environment that encourages innovation and enables change
- Ensure your team is proactively addressing client needs while bridging relationships with the other specialist or operational finance units
- Foster collaborative relationships and partnership with leaders across the University to ensure strategic, customer-centered services in a cohesive and effective manner
- Provides input into organizational initiatives that align university and functional needs
- Partners with centers of expertise to develop new solutions, programs, and policy in response to client needs
- Develop and maintain guidelines, policies, procedures, practices, templates and tools to provide consistency in service delivery and business continuity
- Oversee Finance partnerships service delivery, develop measurable metrics and implement continuous improvement practices to ensure responsive services and high client satisfaction
- Demonstrate persuasive, engaging, clear and credible communication from a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behavior and foster collaboration throughout the entire partnership service team
Specific Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Commerce, Accounting, or other related discipline required. A Masters Degree is preferred. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible leadership experience with finance accountability including demonstrated examples of successful client service delivery and change management, preferably within a complex research post-secondary and/or public sector unionized environment.
- A strong foundation in budget planning and forecasting, financial reporting and analysis, and financial operations is essential. A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is required.
- Training or experience in project management and/or change management would be an asset.
- Excellent people leadership skills including coaching and mentoring expertise, building organizational talent and empowering resources to achieve corporate outcomes.
- Ability to build and nurture effective networks with other teams and stakeholders and to adapt communication to meet the needs of others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams or deliver substantial projects in a large, complex organizational setting.
- Experience setting direction and sustaining an environment where people of diverse backgrounds can succeed.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation and policy is considered an asset.
- Experience seeking out and incorporating multiple points of view and relevant financial information when considering the impacts of decision-making.
- A high degree of business/political acumen; the ability to advise executive leadership in navigating complex financial strategies within large organizations is an asset.
In accordance with the Management and Professional Staff (Excluded) Handbook , this position is a full time, continuing appointment and offers a comprehensive benefits package found at Faculty & Staff Benefits . Salary will be commensurate with experience. While this position welcomes applications from the public, please note that preference will be given to current employees at the University of Alberta. Review of applications will begin on January 25; however, the competition will remain open until filled. We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
Change And Problem Manager, Massey University, New Zealand, about 23 hours ago
ITS - Service Delivery and Support Finance and Technology Palmerston North FT_ITSSDS_277_02/21 Professional Grade 8 86440 - 116100 Finance and Technology Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-t...
Deputy Campus Director (Dubai) Dubai Operations 97072 Grade 9, University of Birmingham, United Arab Emirates, 40 minutes ago
Deputy Campus Director (Dubai) - Dubai Operations - 97072 - Grade 9 - (210000C9) Description Position Details Dubai Professional Services, External Relations University of Birmingham, Dubai campus...
Process Improvement Coordinator, University of Otago, New Zealand, about 18 hours ago
Process Improvement Coordinator-2100452 FINANCE SERVICES Who we are We are the Division of Shared Services, a team of highly skilled professional staff responsible for delivering an outstanding st...
Head Of Business Enablement For Unep Dtu Partnership, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 9 days ago
We are looking for a Head of Business Enablement who will act as the link between Communications, Finance and the strategic focus areas across UDP and be the custodian of change management and com...
Specialist Administrator Enrolments (Current Aut Employees Only), Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 10 days ago
Fixed term until December 2021 Busy, high-impact role Great team environment in a dynamic organisation A new and exciting professional opportunity has arisen for a talented professional in the bus...
Industry Relationship Manager (Current Aut Employees Only), Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 11 days ago
Are you passionate about finding jobs for great graduates Are you outstanding with people as a client relationship manager? Full Time, Permanent role in the heart of Auckland's CBD AUT is a contem...