Internal candidates will be given priority consideration at this time. Please note: Carleton University encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Communications and Content Editor (Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences) and following the general direction and guidance of the Dean, the Digital Content and Media Specialist works closely with the Faculty’s Administrative Assistant and Event Coordinator and the Web Content Developer and Trainer. The Digital Content and Media Specialist is responsible for:
• Ongoing maintenance and enhancement of ODFASS communications through the creation of originally designed visual and interactive content, primarily by way of compelling graphic design, photography, audio production, and videography.
• Ensuring all FASS departments have current and captivating aesthetics and media for web and print presence through the design and creation of images, videos, photos, event materials, profiles (faculty, instructor, student, alumni, staff), as well as Faculty promotional materials, including viewbooks, magazines, and other recruitment and retention material. To do this effectively, the Digital Content and Media Specialist must have a thorough understanding of each FASS department’s unique character and objectives and also comprehension of the Faculty’s wider identity and priorities.
• In conjunction with the FASS communications team, the incumbent will create digital marketing campaigns that promote and highlight FASS student programming, faculty accomplishments, student opportunities/experience, events, and other messaging products geared towards the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences community and other targeted audiences. When requested, the Digital Content and Media Specialist will liaise with, and offer digital marketing campaign training and guidance to, members of ODFASS as well as departmental chairs and administrators.
• The Digital Content and Media Specialist will also play an essential role in creating promotional content for the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre.
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
Technical and Software Skills
Social Media and Cloud Services
• Must be adept in the use of social media tools: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram, in particular.
• Must be proficient in reporting on the effectiveness of digital campaigns.
• Experience with WordPress.
• Experience using any of Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, or After Effects.
• Experience with the latest audio-visual equipment.
• Knowledge and experience creating and promoting content on YouTube.
• Develop creative project ideas from concept, layout and style, to scripting.
• Ability to use voice-over techniques and tools in post-production.
• Must be proficient in using RAW files and editing photos preferably using Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
Document Design and Creation
• Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook e-mail templates.
• Must have experience creating fillable forms using MS Word.
• Must have experience designing and creating elaborate PowerPoint Presentations.
• Must have experience designing and creating Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF documents.
• Superior planning skills; understands critical paths, sets priorities and meets timelines;
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
• Superior organizational skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Strong professionalism, tact and diplomacy;
• Strong client service ethic and high expectation for quality;
• Strong problem-solving skills;
• Creative thinker;
• Effective working in a team and independently;
• Must have a commitment to innovation and adoption of new technologies and applications that will enhance the online experience, better serve the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences internal clients and align with Carleton’s strategic goals.
Education and Experience:
The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
• Completion of a three year college program in a related discipline of advertising, web design, social media, graphic design, or photography and videography.
• A minimum of five years of experience in creative content creation – photography/ videography, including post-production processes. Not-for-profit or academic sector experience is an asset. This would include experience in graphic design work for an employer or clients, digital campaigning, marketing and branding, photography and photo editing, and videography and video editing.
Carleton University and CUPE 2424 are currently completing a joint job evaluation and pay equity project. The University and the Union are working together to describe the skills, effort, responsibilities and working conditions associated with every CUPE 2424 job, including this one. As a result, the job description that is currently associated with this posting (for recruitment purposes) may be revised to reflect the actual duties captured in the new job descriptions.
By applying for this job you are acknowledging that the actual duties associated with this job may differ somewhat from those identified in the job posting and that you will agree to perform the duties of this job as determined through the joint job evaluation process.
Equivalencies will be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide information which may demonstrate equivalent qualifications. Please note that applicants may be required to complete an employment test as part of the selection process for this position. Those applicants that are selected for an interview will be requested to contact the Human Resource Advisor assigned to this competition as soon as possible to discuss any accommodation requirements. Arrangements will be made to accommodate your request in a timely manner. Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.
View complete position description
Please answer all of the following questions before applying
|*1. Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?|
|*2. Have you completed a three year college program in a related discipline of advertising, web design, social media, graphic design, or photography and videography?|
|*4. Do you have related experience working in the Not-for-profit or academic sector?|
|*5. Do you have experience in the following?|
* Question numbers in red and with an asterisk indicate mandatory questions (answer is required).
Please confirm that you have updated your candidate profile, if you are a returning applicant. Please note your profile includes important screening information.
Interaction Designer, Arizona State University, United States, about 5 hours ago
57524BR Campus: Tempe Interaction Designer Job Description ASU's Knowledge Enterprise is seeking a creative Interaction Designer to join their Strategic Marketing and Communications department. As...
Manager (Corporate And Digital Marketing Communications), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 17 hours ago
Manager (Corporate and Digital Marketing Communications) - 00BWZ Description Job Purpose The Manager will be responsible for driving marketing communication campaigns for NUS Centre For the Arts (...
Senior Manager, Content Marketing (5 Month Contract),Office Of Corporate Communications & Marketing , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where...
Graphic Designer, Arizona State University, United States, about 4 hours ago
57435BR Campus: Tempe Graphic Designer Job Description The Marketing and Communications team at ASU’s W. P. Carey School of Business is looking for an individual who can deliver outstanding print ...
Science Communications Specialist, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 9 hours ago
Position Summary: The Science Communications Specialist is responsible for devising and delivering communications plans to support KAUST’s mission, strategic goals and to grow KAUST’s global reput...
Assistant, Associate Or Full Professor (# Of Pos: 10), University of Information Science and Technology “St, Paul the Apostle” Ohrid, Macedonia, 23 days ago
Academic Vacancies for International Professors at the University of Information Science and Technology “St. Paul the Apostle” Ohrid (November 16th, 2019 – January 15th , 2020) 10 (ten) Faculty an...