This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA).
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
Location - North campus. This role is in person
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
Facilities and Operations is a diverse portfolio responsible for a range of essential services and work across our five campuses. From managing capital construction and renovations, providing utilities and energy management, to delivering student and campus services, Facilities and Operations works behind the scenes to make the university a great place to study, learn and work.
The Data Management—Systems Coordinators are responsible for the daily entry of timesheets, invoices, and planned maintenance information into the work order management system—Asset work management (AiM) system and ensures that all data is accurate and self-explanatory. AiM is a job costing system used to track operational costs within Facilities & Operations and to collect costs on projects and maintenance orders charged to university stakeholders and external customers. It is essential that all data is kept current in order to provide billings and comprehensive reports to all levels of management. A thorough understanding of the AiM and how it is set up together with an understanding of the PeopleSoft application is necessary to understand the functionality of the systems multi-faceted contribution to the financial operation of the units within the Facilities and Operations portfolio.
- Support the General Ledger Journal Mask (JOB) activities.
- Provide information and reporting from AiM to assist in comparing actual costs to estimates and work order budgets by shop.
- Enter information from timesheets, invoices & work requisitions into AiM.
- Assist with insurance claims in consultation with F&O staff and Risk Management such as retrieving back up materials and preparing packages for adjustors.
- Review work order/phase status, in conjunction with Trade Supervisors, to ensure work order/phases are complete prior to closing.
- Manually and with the use of Robotic Process Automation (RPA), enter information from purchase orders, invoices and the GL.
- Manages and maintains purchase orders in an accurate, comprehensive, consistent, and reliable manner. Performs lien and WCB Searches for construction related claims
- High school diploma supplemented with training in Facilities Management or similar applications.
- Intermediate knowledge in MicroSoft Excel and Google workspace.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Self-Motivated, proactive.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Prefer 2+ years’ experience with operations/maintenance work order management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a maintenance trades environment.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Announcement Of A Faculty Vacancy In Group Of Sustainable Development Course, Department Of Urban Environmental Engineering And Architecture, Graduate School Of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University, Nagoya University, Japan, 21 days ago
31 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Nagoya University Research Field Engineering Architecture Technology All Other Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Country Japan Application...
Physician Clerk, University of Texas at Tyler, United States, about 5 hours ago
Physician Clerk - Acute Behavioral Health (23000669) Job Type(Full or Part-time):Full Time Benefits Eligibility :Full Benefits Detailed Shift Information. :Days, M-F Description POSITION SUMMARY ...
Assistant Director, Capital Improvements Campus Services, Emory University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Capital Contracts Specialist, Harvard University, United States, 15 days ago
02-Sep-2023 Campus Services 63572BR Job Summary Harvard University: Harvard University is one of the world’s preeminent research universities. Founded in 1636, Harvard is the oldest university in...
Assistant Director, Alumni Programs, Harvard University, United States, 27 days ago
23-Aug-2023 Harvard Business School 63590BR Job Summary Harvard Business School (HBS) seeks an experienced professional to join the Alumni Programs Team, which delivers engaging programming to a g...
Research Operations Manager In The Office Of The Vice Dean For Research , Columbia University, United States, 7 days ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Regular/Temporary: Regular Hours Per Week: 35 Salary Range: $70,000 - $85,000 The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety o...