Supports the development and on-going maintenance of analytical reports and trend analysis to respond to the needs, goals and mission of the Scholarships & Student Aid Office (SSAO). Responsibilities include the development and implementation of data gathering and report delivery to support the operational and strategic needs of SSAO and the University community with regards to Student Financial Aid and Awards. It also includes management of data warehouse views, reporting tools, query tools as well as providing end user reporting support. Represents SSAO within University community.
- Analyze requests for data and determine the best method to locate, assemble and report data to meet the needs defined by various client groups.
- Provide solid analytical and quantitative information to support evidence-based decision making.
- Development and maintenance of internal and external reports and data warehouse views to ensure data sources support business needs.
- Ensure required data is captured in a statistically reliable manner.
- Develop test plans and perform testing for all phases of data warehouse development including implementation of new or improved views as well as upgrades.
- Troubleshoot, assess and resolve problems requiring specialized skills and technical knowledge. Provide advice to clients on problem resolution. When appropriate, inform supervisor.
- Represent unit at internal/external meetings
- Undertake special projects
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
- Proven ability to design and run statistical reports, analyse and build narrative around results.
- Experience with financial/accounting concepts required.
- Experience in student aid and scholarship field, an asset.
- Must have strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with a proven ability to manage, integrate, effectively communicate, update and document constantly changing information.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of teams, and follow through with minimal direction. High degree of flexibility and organization to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, with the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve long- and short-term goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills. Computer literate with all Microsoft Office tools, MINERVA, Banner system(s), such as FIS, SIS and/or BSA.
- Demonstrated experience and ease with SQL and Crystal Reports.
- Experience with Microsoft Power Query, Power BI and/or Tableau an asset.
- English, written and spoken. French, spoken and read.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree 3 Years Related Experience /
(MPEX Grade 05) $63,140.00 - $94,700.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Associate Director Systems
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-398-3711.
Senior Specialist, Student Services And Development (School Of Business), American University in Cairo, Egypt, 15 days ago
Purpose: The job holder supports the senior manager, in running operations of student services and development, at the School of Business, as a “One Stop Shop”; Supports an environment that prepa...
Research Services Business Analyst, Brown University, United States, 16 days ago
Job Description: Â The Research Services Business Analyst supports the successful oversight, maintenance, troubleshooting and knowledge of the Universityâ™s Research Administration Information Sys...
Biostatistician, University of Alberta, Canada, about 18 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants, however, internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority consider...
Associate Dean, Special Programs, Dallas County Community College District, United States, about 9 hours ago
Apply now Job no:500959 Work type:Full-time Location:District Office Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00) Working Title Associate Dean, Special Programs Job Title Code ASY Salary Level E04 Sal...
Mechanical Designer For Radio Frequency Systems (Tte Programme), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 4 days ago
Are you an enthusiastic mechanical technician looking for a challenging professional experience to further your career? If so, joining CERN’s TTE programme may very well give you that challenge. ...
Project Manager For Quantum Technology, Jülich Research Centre (FZJ), Germany, 25 days ago
Work group: PGI-8 - Quantum Control Area of research: IT - EDV Job description: The relevance of quantum technology is rapidly growing even outside of academia as is palpable by activities of seve...