This competition is restricted to internal candidates or applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months.
This position is primarily located at the Lois Hole Hospital for Women (LHHW), Royal Alexandra Hospital site, and will need to commute to the University of Alberta main campus.
This position has an end date of year plus a day, with the possibility of extension, and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Secondments will be considered.
The position supports two Departments - Obstetrics & Gynecology (OBGYN) and Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences (OVS).
Reporting to the OBGYN and OVS Assistant Chair (Administration), the Competency by Design (CBD) Coordinator will play a significant role in coordinating the transition of residency programs to a competency-based education model. The CBD Coordinator is responsible for project management and administrative support activities for CBD including collaboration in executing change management; creating and maintaining a database of assessment tools and templates; participating in research and preparing statistical and qualitative reports and/or presentations for the PGME Office; facilitating meetings and coordinating special events such as program faculty development workshops and assessment and evaluation retreats. The CBD Coordinator will interact with Faculty and administrative staff, practicing healthcare professionals, the PGME office, and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC). The CBD Coordinator serves as the first point of contact for Residents, Preceptors, Program Directors, and Faculty members for CBD implementation. A high degree of independence and judgment is expected to handle enquiries.
- Supports project rollout and implementation timelines and reports progress to the Program Directors in both OBGYN and OVS. Due to the timing of the roll-out, initial focus will be on the OBGYN Program.
- Participates in strategy planning and ensures the effective execution of plans in order to meet objectives. Provides input into strategic management and any research projects associated with CBME.
- Develops and compiles extensive data of all materials associated with the transition to the Competency-Based Education model.
- Acts as a resource person, liaison and communicator for requests or information from the Royal College, Program Directors, Program Administrators, and Residents.
- Supports faculty development workshops, retreats, focus groups, and consultations.
- Participates in initial competency-based discussions with each specialty/subspecialty Residency Training Program.
- Facilitates meetings with administrative staff and Program Directors to help plan implementation of milestones and Entrustable Professional Acts (EPA’s) in accordance with the RCPSC rollout dates.
- Knowledge of the Electronic Learning Assessment Platform (ELAP), providing support to Faculty, Residents, and Program Administrators. Support will include platform training, creation of forms, running reports, and will act as a liaison with IT.
- Monitors milestone and EPA assessments on website based system for each Residency Program and assists Faculty/Residents/Program Administrators with technical difficulties.
- Assists with and provides expertise in establishing and maintaining processes for each Residency Program’s competency committee.
- Supports quality improvement and research initiatives; collects qualitative and quantitative data as well as enters and processes data.
- Performs literature searches for research opportunities as required. Summarizes content in reports or presentation format.
- Prepares materials and acts as the resource administrator for specialty academic half-day sessions and rounds with topics pertaining to CBD.
- Participates in the preparation of articles, conference presentations and posters for the Program Directors.
- Facilitates meetings, prepares meeting agendas, records and disseminates minutes, tracks action items and actions where necessary.
- Creates and maintains new pages on program websites for CBD and updates information as required.
- Participates in Program Administrators’ meetings and CBD meetings.
- Assists with the initial development of the program manual and procedures for ongoing maintenance for this position and hand-off.
- Minimum of a high school diploma; undergraduate degree preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- 1-2 years of experience in project coordination.
- Minimum 3-5 years of administrative experience, including working in clinical environment and/or postgraduate education administration is required.
- Experience in medical terminology would be an asset.
- Advanced computer skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and database platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact and work with a variety of diverse individuals and organizations.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to review, edit, and compose reports. The CBD Coordinator should be able to converse with and influence/motivate program administrators. Adept at tailoring messages to key audiences and managing a high volume of communication from multiple parties.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, with the proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple and diverse tasks, under minimal supervision. The CBD Coordinator must be able to prioritize work and be self-directed.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to deal with a complex work environment.
- Experience presenting to large and small groups.
The CBD Coordinator will need to be proactive to identify opportunities to add value to the project, organize specific tasks to complete based on the educational goals and timelines of the project; coordinate information flow and determine how to present and report information. The CBD Coordinator will need to develop follow-up/action lists from meetings. At times, meetings may be scheduled before and after regular operating hours.
Applicants must submit a cover letter citing their interest in the position as part of their application.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Campus Maintenance Manager City Campus (Current Aut Employees Only), Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Fantastic opportunity in this large organisation to lead AUT's city maintenance team Central Auckland CBD location AUT is New Zealand's newest and third largest University. With more than 28,000 s...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Diploma Of Business, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 3 days ago
Is your passion teaching and learning? Do you have an understanding of the secondary school experience and are you looking for a role where you can work on new curriculum and provide academic and ...
Application Test Analyst (Current Aut Employees Only), Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 3 days ago
Award-winning team with a problem-solving approach thriving in a driven environment Full time, 12 months fixed term role based in Auckland CBD AUT continuously develops and implements innovative s...
Programs Specialist I, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Job Description The primary responsibility of a Program Specialist is to Plan and implement a closely associated set of programs’ initiatives. The Programs Specialist participates in the generatio...
Research Officer Fixed Term (Ideate 13346), Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Fixed term six-month contract Full-time 1.0 FTE Based at AUT's City Campus, Auckland CBD The School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences at AUT is seeking to appoint a fixed term res...
Chicago, Il Regional Manager (Job Id #139320), University of Illinois, United States, about 18 hours ago
Plans, directs and coordinates Home Care Program regional operations for the provision of services for DSCC home care participants in compliance with DSCC and HFS Policies and Procedures. Develops...