Department of Pediatrics
Competition No. - S100832317
Posting Date - Mar 16, 2017
Closing Date - Mar 23, 2017
Position Type - Full Time - Grant Funded
Salary Range - $50,425 to $68,486 per year
Grade - 08
Hours - 35
This position has an end date of 2 years from date of hire and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca .
The Department of Pediatrics within the University of Alberta is one of Canada’s leading academic pediatric institutions in medical education and pediatric research. We also work in conjunction with the Stollery Children’s Hospital to provide leading edge clinical care. We are dedicated to the advancement of child health through the delivery of exemplary education, research, and patient care. Further information on the Department of Pediatrics can be found at www.pediatrics.ualberta.ca .
Reporting to the Associate Chair and Senior Administrator, Office of Pediatric Education in the Department of Pediatrics, the Competency by Design (CBD) Coordinator will play a key role in the coordinating the transition of the core pediatric and pediatric subspecialty residency programs to a competency-based education model. The CBD Coordinator is responsible for project management and administrative support activities for CBD including: collaboration in executing change management, creating and maintaining a database of assessment tools & templates, participating in research and preparing statistical and qualitative reports and/or presentations, facilitating meetings and coordinating special events such as faculty development workshops assessment and evaluation retreats. The CBD Coordinator will interact with faculty and administrative staff, practicing healthcare professionals, the Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) of the University of Alberta, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC), and other pediatric education offices across Canada.
- Manages project implementation timelines and reports progress to the Associate Chair and Senior Administrator, Office of Pediatric Education
- Participates in strategy planning and ensures the effective execution of plans in order to meet objectives. Provides input into strategic management and any research projects associated with CBD
- Acts as a resource person, liaison and communicator for requests or information from the Royal College, program directors, program administrators, and residents
- Develops and compiles an extensive database of all materials associated with the transition to the Competency-Based Education Model
- Organizes faculty development workshops, retreats, focus groups, and consultations
- Participates in initial competency-based discussions with each pediatric residency program committee
- Meets with program directors to plan implementation of milestones and Entrustable Professional Acts (EPA's) for each Pediatrics program in accordance with the RCPSC rollout dates
- Supports faculty, residents and program administrators in the use of assessment software
- Monitors milestone and EPA assessments for each residency program through a website based system; assists faculty, residents and/or program administrators with technical difficulties
- Sets up and maintains processes for competency committees for each for each pediatric and pediatric subspecialty residency program
- Drafts ethics submissions and performs literature searches should research opportunities be pursued; summarizes content in report or presentation format
- Collects, enters, processes, analyzes, and synthesizes qualitative and quantitative data
- Coordinates and prep ares materials for specialty academic half-day sessions and rounds with topics pertaining to CBD
- Participates in the preparation of articles, conference presentations and posters for the Associate Chair and the Senior Administrator
- Facilitates meetings, prepares meeting agendas, takes and distributes minutes, completes or follows-up on action items
- Creates new pages on program websites for CBD and updates information as required
- Works as a team player in the Office of Pediatric Education
- Assists with the initial development as well as ongoing maintenance of the program manual for this position
- Other duties as assigned in support of the operational goals of the Office of Pediatric Education
- Undergraduate Degree preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered; minimum completion of post-secondary education
- Minimum 5 years of administrative experience; 1-2 years of experience in project coordination
- Experience in data collection methodologies e.g. survey development, conducting interviews, facilitating focus groups
- Advanced computer skills; ability to use Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) and Google Apps (Drive, Sites)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact and work with a variety of diverse individuals and organizations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to review, edit and compose reports
- Ability to converse with and motivate program administrators; adept at tailoring messages to key audiences and managing a high volume of communication from multiple parties
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple and diverse tasks
- Ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to deal with a complex work environment
- Experience presenting to large and small groups
- Knowledge of ethics review processes
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor And Physician Surg Peds Emergency Medicine (Job Id #85154), University of Illinois, United States, about 10 hours ago
Assistant/Associate Professor/Professor -PEDS Emergency Medicine The University of Illinois Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking an outstanding individual for a faculty position in Pediatri...
Assistant Professor (Pediatric Nursing), Spring 2018 Two Vacancies, Borough of Manhattan Community College, United States, about 19 hours ago
Assistant Professor - (Pediatric Nursing), Spring 2018 - Two Vacancies JOB ID #: 17354 ISSUE DATE: 08/31/2017 CLOSING DATE: 11/02/2017 DUTIES: FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: The Borough of Manhatt...
Assistant/Associate/Professor Pediatrics (Child Development) (Job Id #85211), University of Illinois, United States, about 10 hours ago
The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP) seeks physicians for multiple positions for the Division of Developmental Pediatrics at the level of Professor, Associate Professo...
Associate Professor Or Professor, Dept. Of Psychiatry (Job Id #84942), University of Illinois, United States, about 10 hours ago
Faculty – University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) Department of Psychiatry Vice Chair Clinical Services The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), College of Medi...
Assistant/Associate Professor Of Clinical Emergency Medicine, Indiana University Northwest, United States, 7 days ago
The Department of Emergency Medicine at Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM) and the Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI) are seeking qualified candidates to join o...
Residency Coordinator, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 18 days ago
Req Number 47820BR Job Title Residency Coordinator Job Code and Payroll Title 4722 Administrative Assistant III Location Fresno, CA Department Name UCSF Fresno Family & Community Medicine Wor...