This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA).
This position has an end date of 1 year plus a day from date of hire and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
Develops communications and marketing strategies for ST Innovations and SMART Network. Leads and delivers communications, marketing, digital and creative services. The incumbent will require the ability to work both independently and in a team environment, manage their own workload, and effectively prioritize tasks. Strong attention to detail is critical. Organization and strategic planning are both involved in this position, as well as promotion through social media, print, and traditional media platforms. The incumbent will create and maintain websites for projects, as required, and for the lab as a whole. The incumbent will help plan events and tours in the lab, prepare and administer surveys for administrative and strategic purposes, write and edit grant applications and reports as needed.
- Creation, implementation, and continual updating of the marketing and communication strategy for SMART Network and ST Innovations
- Conceptualizes and develops integrated communications strategies, ideas, and opportunities. Develops key messages and strategies to communicate complex information to multiple audiences and constituencies which align with the priorities and brand.
- Regular posting and organizing of social media posts for both SMART Network (YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn) and ST Innovations (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram)
- Liaise with Faculty Communications Department for media events and opportunities
- ST Innovation and SMART Network website construction & maintenance
- Lab promotion - video, graphic design, etc.
- Creation of presentations, pitches, and marketing collateral as required
- Creation of multi-use slide deck to promote SMART Network and ST Innovations
- Research and attend events to promote SMART Network and ST Innovations
- Writing/editing proposals and standard operating procedures/forms
- General Administrative Support to Project Coordinators
- Task Management (assignation, deadline creation, priority level)
- Implementing quality system into laboratories where required
- Lab Management Elements
- Strategic Planning
- Lab Tours Optimization
- Event Planning
- Uncover Funding Opportunities
- Preparation and Administration of Surveys
- Meeting Minutes and Action Items
- File Organization
- Other Administrative Duties as Required
- Writing/Editing Proposals and Standard Operating Procedures/Forms
- Writing/Editing Grant Proposals
- Create, Review, Edit, and Format Project Documents (ie: policy, procedures, templates, reference documents, introduction packages, role descriptions, onboarding materials)
- Bachelor’s degree; public relations, communications, marketing or some combination of related education and experience
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills required; presentation and pitching abilities preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Competent and efficient; ability to multitask, take initiative with tasks, and work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access), Google Suite, project tracking and team communication programs
- Experience and skills in the creation and maintenance of websites preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is preferred (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with writing proposals/grants/technical documentation an asset
- Excellent spelling, grammar, editing and proofreading skills required
- Strong background in diversity and inclusion, emotional intelligence and community engagement required
- Experience with social media platforms
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Research Associate (Postdoc) In Metasurfaces And Phase Arrays Antenna Design For Millimeter Wave Applications, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 2 days ago
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from highly motivated and outstanding researchers in the general area of antenna and metasurfaces design...
Network Analyst I, University of Mississippi, United States, 1 day ago
Note for Current UM Employees Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu Definition of Class This position is responsible for assisting in the design, installation...
75952: Master Student In Electrical Or Communication Engineering,…, German Aerospace Center (DLR), Germany, 5 days ago
Area of research: Other,Diplom & Master Job description: The Internet of things (IoT) is attracting an increasing attention from both industry and academia, and will be a core component of next ge...
Research Associate (Postdoc) In Sdn/Nfv, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 2 days ago
The SIGCOM research group is headed by Prof. Symeon Chatzinotas, and mainly carries out research activities in the areas of signal processing for wireless communication systems, including satellit...
Research Associates / Spontaneous Applications, Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 11 days ago
Research Associates / Spontaneous Applications (Valid from 01/01/2023 to 05/03/2023) Language: English (UK) Country: Luxembourg Organisation Interdisciplinary Centre of Security, Reliability and T...
Student Developer Ad2454 Rsb , University of St Andrews ;, Sao Tome and Principe, 5 days ago
Hours of work: 14.5 hours per week, Start: As soon as possible The Centre for Educational Enhancement and Development (CEED) requires a part-time Student Developer to join CEED’s Education and Stu...