Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Student Wellness Hub
The Student Wellness Hub provides a range of health services to McGill students with a focus on awareness, prevention, and early intervention. The Student Wellness Hub has a variety of clinicians that provide one-on-one appointments, therapy groups and other services. Within the Student Wellness Hub, the Healthy Living Annex focuses on health promotion and offers peer support programs for both the Macdonald and downtown campuses.
Under the general direction of the Operations Manager, the Client Service Manager is responsible for ensuring excellence in student service experience to all users of the Hub. Provides administrative direction & support in order to optimize administrative processes within the Student Wellness Hub. Provides direction for administrative staff in accomplishing the goals & objectives. Develops & maintains the unit’s documentation & training materials. Works in tandem with the Hub Services Team to ensure utmost efficiency & client satisfaction. Responds to internal and external inquiries. Prepares reports and/or presentations and training documentation.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Client Service Manager:
- Responsible for overseeing the customer service interactions between students and Service Representatives at the downtown and Mac campuses.
- Provides direction & support to the Services Representative team. Sets priorities & assigns tasks & responsibilities; manages the team’s schedule to ensure coverage; monitors and manages performance of the team.
- Develops, manages & oversees the successful implementation and integration of client services procedures & policies of the Student Wellness Hub.
- Oversees the release of information process for students requesting access to their clinical/medical documents and ensures that students receive their files in a timely fashion.
- Oversees the completion of tasks related to student care sent to the Services Representative team by Hub clinicians via the Hub’s electronic medical record.
- Meets with students, parents and McGill staff through scheduled and impromptu meetings regarding the services of the Hub.
- In cooperation with the Nursing Manager, manages unexpected student situations and time-sensitive clinical inquiries from students. Plans and assists with frontline coverage for special clinical activities.
- Liaises with the Laboratory & Purchasing Supervisor to ensure cross-training on laboratory procedures; ensures front-line interactions are efficient and effective. Collaborates on relevant issues.
- Responsible for the virtual call center and its proper functioning, as well as the Hub clinic’s email account and is responsible for ensuring escalation of issues related to these systems as well as the Hub’s clinical and medical information and scheduling systems.
- In conjunction with the Scheduling Administrator, manages relevant scheduling and appointment openings to ensure that they meet students’ needs. In order to optimize appointment availability for students, flags any underutilized appointment types and informs of insufficient appointments, especially when more urgent needs arise, and assists in planning future openings.
- In conjunction with Hub clinicians and management, arranges necessary steps for urgent appointments, hospital transfers, and rescheduling students.
- Supports the Client Services Supervisor in managing the team of Student Greeters.
- Plans, implements and conducts relevant monitoring, training, and coaching of the Services Representatives and Student Greeter teams.
- Liaises with Operations Manager regarding objective setting & planning.
- Reviews and enhances current administrative and client service processes & procedures with the aim of:
- ensuring these are in line with University policies;
- continuously harmonizing & streamlining processes;
- improving the efficiency of the Hub;
- improving control, reporting, transparency and accountability;
- achieving excellence in client service.
- Oversees the Services Representative-related sections of the Hub’s knowledge base and ensures that it is updated, when required. Documents and updates new and evolving processes in a timely fashion.
- Monitors student wait times, including phone queue. Makes recommendations to improve wait times, traffic flow through the Hub as well as customer service.
- Back-up for the Services Representative team when absences, short-staffing occur or when the Hub is experiencing a high volume of student requests, calls, and in-person visits.
- Works on special projects, as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
- Five or more years’ prior experience working in a clinical or healthcare setting, a strong preference. Strong knowledge of medical terminology, essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of various provincial health care systems in Canada as well as McGill’s International Health Insurance.
- Expertise in excellent client service provision.
- Proven ability to manage a group of diverse individuals, including the ability to lead a team confidently.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility and deliver results with minimum direction and oversight.
- Must be self-directed and able to work autonomously and as part of a team in a dynamic and deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills with a proven ability to administer multiple activities and projects.
- Proven planning and priority-setting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate tasks, as needed.
- Ability to adapt quickly; must demonstrate flexibility in the performance of tasks.
- Precision and attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed and approachable.
- Composed under pressure with an ability to cope effectively with change.
- Attention to detail, initiative with the ability to multi-task and manage time well.
- Student-focused and service-oriented with a demonstrated ability to build constructive and effective relationships with all levels of staff, students and the public.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to deal with confidential and/or sensitive situations with discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in a PC environment using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MINERVA, Banner, e-mail and internet search engines.
- Ability to navigate electronic medical records, an asset.
- English and French, spoken and written.
- Knowledge of French and English. McGill University is an English-language university where day to day duties may require English communication both verbally and in writing.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree 3 Years Related Experience /
(MPEX Grade 04) $62,550.00 - $78,190.00 - $93,830.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Operations, Systems and Infrastructure Manager
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Director, People Services, Deakin University, Australia, 2 days ago
Apply now Job no:547622 Work type:Full-time Location:Flexible Categories:Human / People Services Based at either our Geelong, Waterfront or Melbourne Burwood Campuses Full-time and Fixed Term for ...
Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor In The Thrust Of Smart Manufacturing (Smmg), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology -Guangzhou, Spain, 12 days ago
Formally established in June 2022, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Guangzhou)(HKUST(GZ)) is a cooperatively-run higher education institution between the Chinese mainland and th...
Associate Director, Employer Relations Of The Career Development Center Student Affairs, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
(Fixed-Term for 3 Years) Position Summary UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Associate Director, Employer Relations of the Career Devel...
Associate Professor/Director, Creativity, Heritage & Society Research Hub, RMIT University, Australia, 1 day ago
Overview: RMIT University RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 96,000 students and close to 10,000 staff globally. The University’s mission is to h...
Librarian Specialist, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 5 hours ago
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 s...
Tenure Track Or Tenured Professor In Internet Of Things , ; Human Development and Violence Research Centre (DOVE), China, 2 days ago
About HKUST(GZ) The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Guangzhou) (HKUST(GZ)) is located at No.1 Duxue Road, Qingsheng, Nansha District, Guangzhou, China. It synergizes with and maint...