Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Expense Payment Services-AP, the incumbent shall administer and perform tasks associated with the management of Expense Payment Services – PO invoicing as per the following Policies, Procedures and How To’s : Procurement Policy, respective accounts payable, invoicing & procure-to-pay how to’s. The incumbent will directly support the daily operations of PO Invoices, such as the triage, review, and processing of MMP PO invoices. The Assistant Supervisor shall be the subject matter expert for all PO invoicing requests and inquiries.
- Supervise a staff of four Accounts Administrators
- Train new employees on Policies, Procedures and How To’s : Procurement Policy, respective accounts payable, invoicing & procure-to-pay, 3-way match, and change order procedures and How To’s.
- Train new employees on how to triage invoices, verify and process invoices in McGill Marketplace
- Distribute, verify, approve all PO invoices to ensure they are processed according to agreed upon turnaround times and as per the respective Policies/Guidelines/Procedures.
- Partner with the Assistant Supervisor EPS-Payment Request & Wires to ensure the daily hold report is reviewed and ensure holds are removed in order for invoices to be paid on a timely basis and according to vendor payment terms.
- Update, create and/or maintain documentation/how to’s/checklists specific to the team’s tasks and processes.
- Act as the first point of contact with the community/customers with respect to PO requests and inquiries/JIRA tickets.
- Participate and/or support the Supervisor of Expense Payment Services – AP with respect to escalated customer issues.
- Manage staffing business processes and assign their tasks on a weekly basis amongst the EPS-AP team. Ensure resources are well balanced during vacations, leaves, black out periods.
- Communicate new business processes and changes to staff.
- Participate and/or support the Supervisor Expense Payment Services – AP with respect to hiring, retention, performance dialogues and performance/staffing issues.
- Participate and/or support the Supervisor Expense Payment Services - AP in the preparation of KPIs/Productivity reports, credit card reconciliations, account reconciliations, and timely reimbursements/payments based on cheque run days. Analyze and adjust resources accordingly.
- Participate in PO invoicing-related projects/process improvements.
- Act as a back-up on most tasks pertaining to the Assistant Supervisor Expense Payment Services – Payment Request & Wires.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Experience in supervising employees including, training, documentation, hiring, and performance evaluations. Experience in travel and accounts payable related processes. Experience in interpreting Policies/Guidelines and applying them. Ability to communicate well with other units involving investigation and problem-solving. Proven ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines. Demonstrated financial analytical skills. Ability to administer multiple activities and projects. Demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment using advanced spreadsheet skills, databases, e-mail as well as experience with Minerva, Banner (FIS) and Crystal Reports. Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, solve problems, take initiative, and prioritize workload. Familiarity with academic and support staff and student regulations. Must be service oriented. English, spoken and written. French, spoken and read.
Minimum Education and Experience:
DEC III 3 Years Related Experience /
(MPEX Grade 02) $47,030.00 - $58,790.00 - $70,550.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Associate Director Transaction Services
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Principal Accountant, Vendor Accounts And Contracts, Office Of The Controller, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 9 days ago
Reports to: Assistant Director, Vendor’s Accounts and Contracts Purpose: The job holder will revise and audit the supply chain management accounts operations to verify their accuracy and complet...
Accountant Associate, Arizona State University, United States, 1 day ago
89600BR Campus: Tempe Accountant Assoc Job Description Financial Services seeks an Accountant Associate to perform accounting, banking and customer service functions requiring initiative and indep...
Museum Shop Manager, Harvard University, United States, about 21 hours ago
21-Mar-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 61748BR Job Summary Under the direction of the Finance Director, manages all day-to-day operations of the Dumbarton Oaks Museum Shop, including all procure...
Accountant Iii, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 2 days ago
Department: Finance - Accounts Payable FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Days Position Summary: Reviews and reconciles assigned general ledger accounts and resolves any discrepancies. Participates in th...
Part Time Financial Associate I, Harvard University, United States, about 21 hours ago
21-Mar-2023 Harvard Medical School 61795BR Position Description The Financial Associate will provide administrative and financial support to the department. The candidate must be able to prioritiz...
Finance Officer, Efficiency Canada (Grant Funded Opportunity), Carleton University, Canada, about 20 hours ago
About Efficiency Canada Efficiency Canada is housed at Carleton University’s Sustainable Energy Research Centre. It is the national voice for an energy-efficient economy and envisions a future wh...