Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Operating Engineer (COE)/Manager, Plant Operations, the Assistant Manager, Plant operations is responsible with the COE for managing the operation and efficiency of the 4.6 MW natural gas steam turbine co-generation plant and associated equipment. Develops and implements a preventative maintenance schedule for the Central Heating Plant and the steam distribution network, maintains the chilled water plants, their distribution system. The incumbent is also responsible for overseeing the daily work orders, scheduling of staff and coordinating calls. The position is also responsible for managing purchase requisitions as required.
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
• Knowledge of operational management and leadership concepts practices including program/service delivery models, policy development, planning, budgeting, performance measurement management, and human resources
• Knowledge of plant and facility operations program design, delivery, assessment, and evaluation methodologies, processes, and practices
• Knowledge of relevant governing legislation, collective agreements, policies and procedures
• Knowledge of office as well as the broader university academic units, departments, and divisions
• Knowledge of office productivity software and databases, internet browsers and search engines, discipline-specific software, enterprise software, and technology devices
• Knowledge is used to lead plant operations unit
Education and Experience:
The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
• Hold a valid first or second-class Operating Engineer certificate of qualification in Ontario. Candidate working towards their second-class certification may be considered
• Strong knowledge of the Operating Engineers Act (O.Reg 219/01) and Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as amended
• Minimum of five years of previous co-gen facility and plant operations experience including three years of supervision and leadership experience
Equivalencies will be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide information which may demonstrate equivalent qualifications. Please note that applicants may be required to complete an employment test as part of the selection process for this position. Those applicants that are selected for an interview will be requested to contact the Human Resource Advisor assigned to this competition as soon as possible to discuss any accommodation requirements. Arrangements will be made to accommodate your request in a timely manner. Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.
View complete position description
Please confirm that you have updated your candidate profile, if you are a returning applicant. Please note your profile includes important screening information.
Heating Plant Operator Ii, University of Alberta, Canada, 10 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Director Of The Institute Of Plant Genetics, Polish Academy Of Sciences (Ipg Pas) In Poznan... (# Of Pos: 3), Institute of Plant Genetics PAS, Poland, 19 days ago
Director of the Institute of Plant Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences (IPG PAS) in Poznan announces open competition for various positions in the area of plant nanotechnology at the IPG PAS in t...
43715 Summer Studentship: Understanding Graft Compatibility Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, 5 days ago
Description Plant & Food Research (PFR) is a New Zealand science company delivering research and development designed to grow competitive advantage for clients in the horticulture, wine, cropping,...
Professor In Plant Pathology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
The Faculty of Natural Resources and Agricultural Sciences The Department of Forest Mycology and Plant Pathology A position as Professor in plant pathology is vacant in the Department of Forest My...
Project Engineer – Steam Methane Reforming Pilot Plant, Université catholique de Louvain, Laos, 20 days ago
Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain) Project Engineer – Steam Methane Reforming Pilot Plant With ZoneFlow Reactor Technologies (ZFRT), LLC, UCLouvain has built a world class pilot plant fo...
Assistant Lecturer, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Poland, 8 days ago
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in Article 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on higher education and science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668) and the foll...