About the Position
- Field of Specialization: Embedded Systems
- Academic Unit: Department of Systems and Computer Engineering
- Category of Appointment: Tenure track
- Rank/Position Title: Assistant/Associate Professor
- Start Date: July 1, 2022
- Closing Date: March 1, 2022
The department of Systems and Computer Engineering invites applications for a preliminary appointment in Computer Systems Engineering at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor beginning July 1st, 2022.
The candidate will be expected to establish an independent research program in embedded or cyber- physical systems, computer architecture, hardware/software co-design, real-time systems, or system software. We are especially interested in research that spans the interface of hardware and software, and can bridge the gap between researchers working in fundamental computer science (e.g., programming languages) or software engineering (e.g., model-driven design) and electronics engineering (e.g., real-time signal processing). The successful candidate’s research program will include, for example, Operating Systems/Hypervisors, FPGAs/GPUs, Real Time schedulers, Compilers, etc.
The candidate will be expected to contribute to teaching topics such as programming, software design, digital design, embedded/ real-time/ concurrent/ distributed software, computer architecture, and supervise undergraduate projects. We especially seek contributions to the teaching of the hardware- software interface; e.g., bare-metal programming (preferably ARM), software interface with peripheral hardware devices, device drivers, compilers, and other forms of system software.
Candidates will be expected to contribute to course and curriculum development, accreditation, quality assurance reviews, and departmental/ university promotion events.
About the Academic Unit
The Department of Systems and Computer Engineering (https://carleton.ca/sce/ ) is a research-intensive department and hosts an active community of faculty members, instructors, and undergraduate and graduate students. It participates in a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs.
At the time of appointment, candidates must:
- Have earned a PhD in a field related to this call.
- Show evidence of research and teaching interests in the field targeted in this call.
- Demonstrate past contributions, or ideas and plans, through teaching and/or research, to the betterment of the practice of engineering in their field of expertise.
- Demonstrate commitment to and potential for teaching excellence and mentoring/supervision of (under)graduate students.
- Demonstrate potential for innovative and scholarly research and the ability to develop an externally-funded, high quality research program.
- Demonstrate potential for multi-disciplinary research collaborations.
- Value diversity and inclusivity.
- Show membership in a Canadian professional engineering association, or evidence that membership in such an association can be secured according to the accreditation criteria and procedures set by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board.
We encourage applications from candidates from groups underrepresented in STEM.
The following assets will be considered favorably:
- Successfully integrating research methods in undergraduate teaching or, conversely, integrating undergraduate students in research.
- Experience and an interest in course and curriculum development.
- Aptitudes for building bridges with community, industry, and government agencies, including non-traditional research outputs.
- Experience in fostering and mentoring under-represented groups in STEM.
- Experience and interest to contribute to the academic life of a department.
- Leadership and academic service roles, including outreach.
- Strength in advancing Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in your discipline and on campus.
Applications should be sent electronically as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org, describe qualifications, and include:
- A curriculum vitae.
- A statement of research interests (past and planned activities) (maximum 3 pages).
- A description of teaching interests and experience (maximum 2 pages).
- The names and contact information for at least three references.
Please indicate in your application if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
About Carleton University
Located in Ottawa, Carleton is an innovative teaching and research institution with a tradition of leading change. Internationally recognized academics, staff, and researchers engage more than 31,000 students in over 100 programs of study. Learn more about our university and the city of Ottawa .
Carleton University is committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our university including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression. Furthermore, Carleton understands that career paths vary and interruptions will not prejudice the assessment process. We invite you to review our revitalized Indigenous strategy, Kinàmàgawin and visit our Department of Equity and Inclusive Communities for information about our commitment to leadership in the areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Accessibility is a university strategic priority and applicants selected for an interview who require accommodations are invited to contact the Chair as soon as possible to ensure that appropriate arrangements may be made.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. All positions are subject to budgetary approval.
Monday, December 6, 2021 | Categories: FED , Job Postings
Share: Twitter , Facebook
Short URL: https://carleton.ca/deputyprovost/?p=910
Tier 2 Canada Research Chair In Population Health Data Science, University of Ottawa (uOttawa), Canada, 9 days ago
The Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa invites highly qualified candidates to apply for a tenure-track position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in Population He...
Tier 2 Canada Research Chair In Population Health Data Science, University of Ottawa Research Management Services, Canada, 14 days ago
The Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa invites highly qualified candidates to apply for a tenure-track position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in Population Heal...
Librarian, Program Development, University of Toronto, Canada, 24 days ago
Job Title: Librarian Requisition ID: 5522 Department: Ottawa Public Library Service: Central Library Project Branch: Program Development Employment Type: 2 Permanent Full Time Positions Work Hours...
Program Manager, Public Services, University of Toronto, Canada, 10 days ago
Program Manager, Public Services Requisition ID: 5593 Department: Ottawa Public Library Service: Branch Operations Branch: Public Services Employment Type: 1 Permanent Full Time Position Work Hour...
Library Technician, University of Toronto, Canada, about 2 hours ago
Reporting to the Manager, Student Learning Centre & Libraries, this position is responsible for providing system administration and technical support for the library’s electronic discovery service...
Metadata And Standards Technician, University of Toronto, Canada, 24 days ago
Take a central role The Bank of Canada has a vision to be “a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique...