This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA).
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
Location. North campus. This role is in person
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
Health Sciences Laboratory Animal Services (HSLAS) provides research support services in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry (FoMD). HSLAS supports over 100 Principle Investigator groups in five distinct animal facilities under the guidelines from the Canadian Council on Animal Care (CCAC). HSLAS supports the FoMD through effective, comprehensive services ranging from researcher training, animal procurement and transport services, high quality animal health care and provision of bio-secure animal caging supplies/equipment.
Reporting to the Animal Acquisitions Coordinator, the AAA purpose of the work is to order, ship and track animal entry and exit from HSLAS facilities. The Animal Acquisitions Coordinator delegates required tasks to the Animal Acquisitions Assistant on a daily basis to ensure that animal shipments are consistently delivered and properly tracked. Occasional overtime may be required due to off-hour animal shipments. Please note that this work requires some potential exposure to allergens
- PROCESS INCOMING ANIMAL ORDERS
- RECEIVE INCOMING ANIMAL SHIPMENTS
- PROCESS OUTGOING ANIMAL SHIPMENTS
- ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS ASSOCIATED WITH ANIMAL ACQUISITIONS
- ADDITIONAL DUTIES / SPECIAL PROJECTS
- Two-year Animal Health Technology Diploma, NAIT Biological Sciences – Laboratory and Research Diploma or BSc or equivalent is mandatory. A Veterinary Medical Assistant Certificate may be considered.
- One-year work experience with lab animal husbandry and handling -or- animal-related activities (e.g. veterinary hospital).
- Part 1 CCAC module certificate and IAUTP Part 2 Rodent Care and Use certificates.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment and computers including MSOffice and/or Google Applications and/or in-house software (as required). Proficiency in Windows operating environment and intermediate-level proficiency in MSOffice including knowledge of tables, charts, and Excel formulas. Familiarity with in-house software program, MS Access, and REMO considered an asset
- Professional demeanor and positive, well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with demonstrated problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Animal Technician I, Harvard University, United States, 11 days ago
26-May-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 62665BR Job Summary Explore an Animal Care Career at Harvard University Cambridge where our animal care programs commitment to excellence in research is un...
Temporary Animal Care Technician, Wesleyan University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Job Posting Number T00700 Position Title Temporary Animal Care Technician Department Animal Care Facilities-1220 Job Category Temporary Posting Pay Type H...
Wildlife Care Specialist, Harris County Precinct 4, United States, 1 day ago
AgencyHarris County Precinct 4LocationVariousJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryDOELast Date to Apply07/10/2023Websitehttps://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/harriscountytx/jobs/4064027/wildlife-...
Casual Lecturer Animal Health, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 15 hours ago
Kia hiwa rā! At Unitec - part of Te Pukenga, we're passionate about the power of education to positively change the lives of our learners, their family and wider communities. We make sure our lear...
Research Support Technician, Colony Management Program, City of Hope, United States, about 17 hours ago
About City of Hope City of Hope's mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today. Founded in 1913, City of Hope has grown into one of the largest cancer research an...
Animal Care Technician I, Emory University, United States, 16 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...