Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Advancement Officer (05COM2C)
Under the direction of the Director, Development at the Faculty of Dental Medicine and Oral Health Sciences, the Advancement Officer performs a wide range of activities to meaningfully engage alumni, prospects, donors and other members of the McGill community with the Faculty in order to maximize philanthropic support for the Faculty and University. In alignment with University Advancement’s strategic objectives, the Advancement Officer oversees implementation of short and long-term plans to maximize high-level alumni and donor engagement with the Faculty and the University and its established alumni relations and annual giving programs. The AO acts as a stewardship resource for partners within the development unit and across the Faculty.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Work in close collaboration with colleagues in the central University Advancement Office and other faculty-based fundraising operations.
2. Qualify donors, obtain appointments, and solicit McGill Annual Fund/Leadership gifts.
3. Facilitate and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including alumni, donors, students, parents and friends, while working across different areas within the University.
4. Analyze the faculty’s pipeline to assist in determining appropriate engagement strategies to move the faculty’s priority prospects through the giving stages.
5. Plan, organize and administer the full spectrum of Faculty annual fund programs, including donor qualifications and solicitations for the Annual Fund Leadership gifts and Reunion Class Giving support, under the guidance of the Development Officer.
6. In collaboration with the Communications Officer of the Faculty of Dental Medicine, the Advancement officer will support the creation of content for the faculty social media pages, in order to share strategic news and engage the community.
7. Work with colleagues within the faculty & with the central Alumni Relations team to enhance alumni/donor, student, parent and faculty & staff connections to increase awareness of philanthropy especially among student and young alumni populations, contributing to the growth of the prospect pipeline.
8. Engage leadership level annual fund donors through group and personalized activities in order to move them through the giving pipeline.
9. Identify, recruit, train and administer network of faculty-based volunteers to assist with alumni engagement and fundraising activities. Ensure appropriate follow-up communications to volunteers pre- and post- meetings.
10. In conjunction with central Donor Relations, administer Stewardship Programs for the Faculty including Leadership Level annual fund donors
11. Develop, execute and oversee the donor acknowledgement and recognition programs, ensuring timely and appropriate acknowledgements and regular refresh of content and assess, if the programs being implemented meet the needs of the donors, in collaboration with the Central Donor Relations team.
12. Plan events, such as Homecoming and philanthropy-themed events, that support the Dean and the faculty’s strategic advancement objectives in collaboration with the Faculty-based development team.
13. Serve as the faculty alumni relations designate for appropriate departmental, Faculty and University-wide committees.
13. Act as project manager and key liaison between the faculty, central Alumni relations and other key stakeholders in the implementation and delivery of engagement strategies.
14.Undertake responsibilities or special projects as needed.
Three or more years of relevant experience
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree 3 Years Related Experience /
(MPEX Grade 05) $69,430.00 - $86,790.00 - $104,150.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Director Admin & Finance
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Development Specialist, Rice University, United States, 18 days ago
Details Posted: 19-Nov-23 Location: United States, Type: Full-time Salary: Open Internal Number: 3074 Special Instructions to Applicants: All interested applicants must attach a cover letter and a...
Assistant Director Of Annual Giving, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 19 hours ago
Assistant Director of Annual Giving Athletics Administration - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23008640) The Assistant Director of Annual Giving will be responsible for supporting fundraising activitie...
The Carter Center: Director, Development, Operations And Stewardship, Emory University, United States, 1 day ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Deputy Director, Foundation Office, THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG - SHENZHEN, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Post Specification As the division grows, we are seeking Institutional Advancement Manager/Deputy Director, Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA) at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzh...
Manager, Advancement Records, University of Alberta, Canada, 24 days ago
While this position welcomes applications from the public, please note that preference will be given to current employees at the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using t...
Vice President Advancement, Ave Maria University, United States, about 23 hours ago
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Reporting to the President, the Vice President for Advancement (VPA) at Ave Maria University serves as the Chief Advancement Officer and is responsible for designing and implement...