Competition No. - S105633176
Posting Date - Jun 26, 2017
Closing Date - Jul 04, 2017
Position Type - Full Time - Operating Funded
Salary Range - $49,958 to $67,451 per year
Grade - 07
Hours - 37.5
This position is located on the Augustana Campus, in Camrose, AB.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca .
Reporting to the Chair of Science, the Administrative Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative support to the Department of Science (including the Chair of Science), as well as secondary administrative support to Department Chairs in Social Sciences and Fine Arts & Humanities. This position will be part of a small administrative team providing coordinated administrative support to the various academic departments and Department Chairs within the Augustana Faculty.
- Assists the Chair in the administration of the Science Department, and provides comprehensive administrative support to the Chair and departmental faculty
- Acts as an administrative resource to various departmental personnel, duties may include: drafting of written correspondence (e.g. memos, written reports, etc), tracking departmental/Chair projects (e.g. Miquelon Lake Research Station), commitments, events, deadlines, and other activities as required (using Google Calendar and/or other approved method/filing system)
- Works with faculty and staff to organize special events (e.g. arranging travel, catering, booking facilities, and publicizing events)
- Provides assistance to the Chair and other faculty members to develop and build the annual academic timetable
- Monitors the departmental budget and various project/program expenditures for the Chair
- Assists the Chair in preparation for the annual evaluation of faculty members and teaching lecturers
- Maintains an orderly and efficient flow of a wide variety of complex and confidential material
- Coordinates responsibilities with and provides back-up coverage to other departmental administrative staff
- Oversees departmental invoices and billing; works with the Chair on regular budgetary decisions and accounts within the portfolio
- Performs other duties as required
- Related post-secondary diploma or degree preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered; minimum High School Diploma
- 3 to 5 years of related experience in an academic setting is an asset
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Computer proficiency using MS Office, Google applications and scheduling software
- Highly refined people skills with a demonstrated ability to work with sensitive and confidential materials
- Excellent spelling, grammar, editorial and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy; strong commitment to confidentiality and professionalism
- Flexibility and ability to take initiative and work without close supervision
- Ability to learn and administer important University of Alberta policies and procedures
- Additional training and ongoing professional development will be available and may be required
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Senior Director, Academic Affairs Finance Planning & Analytics, Babson College, United States, about 9 hours ago
Senior Director, Academic Affairs Finance Planning & Analytics | | Posting Details Position Details Posting Number 90-2017 Posting Title Senior Director, Academic Affairs Finance Planning & Analyt...
Assistant Professor Of Developmental Mathematics Tenure Track, University of Central Missouri, United States, about 22 hours ago
Assistant Professor of Developmental Mathematics - tenure track Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before ap...
University Assistant Educational Leadership & Policy Studies, Southern Connecticut State University, United States, 1 day ago
POSITION TITLE: University Assistant RANK: N/A DEPARTMENT: Department of Educational Leadership & Policy Studies SUPERVISOR’S T...
Director Of Development, College Of Science, University of North Texas, United States, about 8 hours ago
We are seeking a professional with a highly cooperative spirit, strong communication and relationship-building skills, a forward thinking approach, the ability to relate to multiple constituencies...
Senior Program Officer Board On Health Sciences Policy, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 15 hours ago
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, Washington, District of Columbia Position Description: The National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, and National Ac...
Administrative Coordinator Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, 22 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Administrative Coordinator II Posting Title Administrative Coordinator II System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Departmen...