Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, administer accounts. Acts as resource person and resolves problems. Processes or monitors the processing of financial, accounting and payroll transactions. Examines, analyses and reconciles accounting and financial records as well as documents such as bank statements, expenditures, budgets, loans and others. Ensures accuracy and compliance with University, government and granting agency guidelines, as well as accounting, reporting and payroll policies and procedures. Performs various administrative tasks according to the needs of the unit.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers accounts. Acts as resource person and resolves problems. Prepares journal and ledger entries. Processes or monitors the processing of financial and accounting transactions. Examines and analyses accounting and financial records and documents such as bank statements, expenditures, budgets, loans and others.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with University, government and granting agency guidelines, tax laws as well as accounting, reporting and payroll policies and procedures. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of these matters and gives explanations to researchers, staff and agencies.
- Maintains computerized information systems and participates in their implementation and development to improve efficiency within the unit. Liaises with computer resource persons as required. Sets up and maintains databases and spreadsheets. Enters data and updates information.
- Performs various administrative and clerical tasks according to the needs of the unit. Prepares correspondence related to the duties of the position. Liaises with appropriate resource persons.
- Verifies the completeness and accuracy of documentation
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Attention to detail, problem solving and ability to multi-task. Proven ability to prioritize and meet frequent deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work with Excel spreadsheets, databases, such as Banner, Minerva, Workday, BSAC, etc. English and French, spoken and written.
Minimum Education and Experience:
DEP - Business Administration 3 Years Related Experience /
(MUNACA Level 08A) $22.09 - $30.49
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-398-3711.
Business Operations Specialist Sr, Arizona State University, United States, about 17 hours ago
67010BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Business Ops Specialist Sr Job Description The Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions is seeking a Business Operations Specialist Senior (BOSS) to...
Fiscal Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, about 17 hours ago
66932BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Fiscal Specialist Job Description Performs a broad scope of professional accounting activities requiring experienced, professional knowledge and application of acc...
Head Of Finance, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Germany, about 4 hours ago
MPI-CBG is an institute of the renowned Max Planck Society conducting ground-breaking biomedical research at the forefront of the current state-of-the-art. The institute has an international staff...
Fiscal Analyst, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 8 hours ago
Title: 143J-YN - Fiscal Analyst 2 Business Title: Fiscal Analyst Location: Employee Type: Classified Job Family: Civil Service - OT Eligible Position Details: Summary of Duties: Working independen...
Research Advancement Administrator Sr, Arizona State University, United States, about 16 hours ago
66813BR Campus: Tempe Research Advancement Admin Sr Job Description The Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts at Arizona State University is seeking a dedicated Research Advancement Administ...
Senior Accountant, Accounts Payable, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 7 days ago
Reports to: Assistant Director, Accounts Payable Purpose: The jobholder main purpose will be to ensure that all financial transactions related to Accounts Payable are carried out in compliance w...